• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Griz over N Colorado 57 - 44

GrizBaba

I didn't get to watch it, but Gfeller had another great day leading the team with 19 points. LG was down by 2 at halftime but appear to have put on a defensive clinic in the second half, holding NC to 15 points! The coaches seem to always make some amazing adjustments...

Found the replay on ESPN+ and will watch without any angst :)

An impressive second half for the Lady Griz after Northern Colorado got off to a hot start from the three point line and were 5-6 from behind the line after the first quarter. The Lady Griz, once again, found themselves down big early but were able to tighten it up to a two point game by halftime. Strong defense carried them throughout the second half as they held UNC to four total field goals on 25 attempts.

I thought Gfeller, Tsineke, and Bartsch were the standouts for the Lady Griz. Tsineke had a few timely acrobatic finishes and grabbed some big rebounds. While there was a lid on the hoop for Abby Anderson for much of the game, she played really strong defense and had some big-time rejections.

Carmen was Montana's workhorse in the key, but Tsineke provided the second-half spark that helped Montana pull away. Montana's D limited UNC to 29% shooting, while the Griz outscored the Bears in the paint by a huge 32-8 margin.
https://twitter.com/quartzglen/status/1467362238956638208

Is it just me or do the Lady Griz seem to have much better team chemistry, team cohesiveness, better offensive and defensive schemes and just an overall sense of having fun playing games under this coaching administration than they had under the last?

Cause it seems like they do.

Plainsman said:
Is it just me or do the Lady Griz seem to have much better team chemistry, team cohesiveness, better offensive and defensive schemes and just an overall sense of having fun playing games under this coaching administration than they had under the last?

It's not just you.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Plainsman said:

It's not just you.
+1

I haven't had this much fun watching a Lady Griz team in a long time. But mind you, this season is still fairly young.

I agree that it has been a blast watching the team grow. With a 7 - 1 record, the target on their backs is getting bigger. Hadn't really thought of that possibility until now ;)

GrizBaba said:
I agree that it has been a blast watching the team grow. With a 7 - 1 record, the target on their backs is getting bigger. Hadn't really thought of that possibility until now ;)
That's for sure, quite obvious and the coach indicates consistency on offense hopefully will come together. It is evident those ducks, layups, free throws, three's, turnovers will need a fix'n. When they are on, they are powerful! That defense is great!

Back