• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A little hoops talk

Great interview by both Dan Dickau withTravis. You really feel the passion, commitment and intelligence of Travis for not only the game of basketball but for the Montana basketball program. His near reverence for the basketball legends who came before him at Montana are very sincere. He is especially complimentary towards Blaine Taylor, his game knowledge and mentoring. I’ve gotten to know Travis fairly well since he came back and I can honestly say he’s lives what he preaches hard nose in your face and don’t back down basketball.
And speaking of Blaine Taylor where is he now and what is he doing?

Sport said:
Great interview by both Dan Dickau withTravis. You really feel the passion, commitment and intelligence of Travis for not only the game of basketball but for the Montana basketball program. His near reverence for the basketball legends who came before him at Montana are very sincere. He is especially complimentary towards Blaine Taylor, his game knowledge and mentoring. I’ve gotten to know Travis fairly well since he came back and I can honestly say he’s lives what he preaches hard nose in your face and don’t back down basketball.

He’s an assistant coach at UC Irvine.

Thanks for the update on Blaine. I thought he was somewhere out West. My next question is would he have a desire to return to missoula once Travis is given a job in the PAC-12? I do know that Chris Cobb is the heir apparent but could Blaine be in the mix? Inquiring minds wanna know.

rocklobster said:
Sport said:

He’s an assistant coach at UC Irvine.

I thought he was an assistant there too, but when I looked at the UC Irvine basketball website he was not listed on the 2020-2021 staff. He was listed on the 2019-2020 staff. I am curious as to where he is right now too or if it is an omission error on the site.

TouchdownMontana said:
Blaine is living in Las Vegas now . Probably going to do some broadcasting.

Thank you TouchdownMontana for the update. I have nothing but the highest respect for his basketball acumen.

Latest posts

Back