• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

cat Griz Round Two

NorthEndZoneDan

DONOR
its cat Griz week and I'm looking forward to Saturday. Some numbers and thoughts for discussion.
Season UM tractor tech
ppg 71.7 67.4
fg% 47.1% 44.6%
reb 31.8 35.5
assists 12.5 11.6
blocks 3.5 2.2
steals 6.3 5.6
last 5 games 5-0 3-2

Last game 78-64 Good Guys, some thoughts, Frey was on fire from 3 point land, the shots he was taking and making were incredible. He kept the game from being a complete blow out.
A few stats:
kitties: Frey 37 pts team stats 42.1% 3’s, 38.3% fg, 10 TO, 20-29 FT, 6 assists, 28 rebounds
Griz: Sayeed 24 pts team stats 57.9% 3’s, 50.0% fg, 10 TO, 13-16 FT, 16 assists, 34 rebounds
Bench: Owens 25 min 14 pts, Vasquez 14 min 6 pts

My two cents: The ESPN predictor has this for the cats 57.4% to 42.6% Griz, the ESPN predictor has been a joke all season long. A much better predictor to me: The Streak is 18 of the last 19 games, and as others have pointed out, the coaches and players know this. Travis is 10-1 as a coach and 4-2 as a player against the cats, he knows how big of a game this is. The Griz will be ready to play. Frey won’t be able to put up 34 again.
Griz by 10, 78 - 68

NorthEndZoneDan said:
its cat Griz week and I'm looking forward to Saturday. Some numbers and thoughts for discussion.
Season UM tractor tech
ppg 71.7 67.4
fg% 47.1% 44.6%
reb 31.8 35.5
assists 12.5 11.6
blocks 3.5 2.2
steals 6.3 5.6
last 5 games 5-0 3-2

Last game 78-64 Good Guys, some thoughts, Frey was on fire from 3 point land, the shots he was taking and making were incredible. He kept the game from being a complete blow out.
A few stats:
kitties: Frey 37 pts team stats 42.1% 3’s, 38.3% fg, 10 TO, 20-29 FT, 6 assists, 28 rebounds
Griz: Sayeed 24 pts team stats 57.9% 3’s, 50.0% fg, 10 TO, 13-16 FT, 16 assists, 34 rebounds

My two cents: The ESPN predictor has this for the cats 57.4% to 42.6% Griz, the ESPN predictor has been a joke all season long. A much better predictor to me: The Streak is 18 of the last 19 games, and as others have pointed out, the coaches and players know this. Travis is 10-1 as a coach and 4-2 as a player against the cats, he knows how big of a game this is. The Griz will be ready to play. Frey won’t be able to put up 34 again.
Griz by 10, 78 - 68

:thumb: :thumb:

Cats make it closer than in Missoula, but can't overcome the multi-headed monster. Griz by 8, 75 - 67.

I'll be making the drive from Missoula for both the men's and women's games.

Ladies will definitely have their hands full in the first game at 2pm. I'd love for Shannon's troops to keep it close and get revenge for the heartbreaker in Missoula earlier in the month but I think the Cats will pull away late. The biggest key for the Lady Griz to win is to start out hot and not get ice cold in the 4th quarter like they did in the first meeting.

The men's game might be more of a slugfest, and while the Cats will have home court advantage I believe the Griz will prevail in a much closer contest since it appears that Timmy Falls will be able to play on Saturday. The biggest key for a Griz win is for Sayeed Pridgett to keep doing Sayeed Pridgett-type things with Kendal Manuel, DCH, and Jared Samuelson doing a lot of scoring damage with him, with a secondary key being the defense doing a better job keeping MSU's Harald Frey in check (Frey scored a career-high 37 points in Missoula earlier in the season).

I’m not sure I even care if Frey gets 37 again. When he’s scoring like that, a significant number of his points are outside the flow of the offense. They’re ridiculous, off-balance 33 footers late in the shot clock. And no doubt the dude is amazing at them and can fill it up from nearly anywhere. But if the cats are settling for those shots, I’ll take it.

EverettGriz said:
I’m not sure I even care if Frey gets 37 again. When he’s scoring like that, a significant number of his points are outside the flow of the offense. They’re ridiculous, off-balance 33 footers late in the shot clock. And no doubt the dude is amazing at them and can fill it up from nearly anywhere. But if the cats are settling for those shots, I’ll take it.

THIS!!! If the Cats have to rely on him hitting 33 foot magic shots, then it will be a LONG game for my Cats... If the Cats can get Kirby and Belo into the game early, and they can stay out of foul trouble, it will come down to the wire... It will also be interesting to see how the refs do in the game.. They are like a 3rd team that Cats and griz have to play against as well.

As for the girls game... The Cats should win by 20, but griz always seem to hang around in these games. Cats are a WAY better team, and have won 9 strait games, with win margin at 24 points a game after the Cat/griz game

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Season UM tractor tech
ppg 71.7 67.4
fg% 47.1% 44.6%
reb 31.8 35.5
assists 12.5 11.6
blocks 3.5 2.2
steals 6.3 5.6
last 5 games 5-0 3-2

A few stats:

Griz by 10, 78 - 68

Cat's have to play at Portland State tonight with an 8:05 MST start time. Even if they are flying a charter I don't think they will be getting home until 2 or 3 in the morning. Will be a tough turnaround. Not that I feel sorry for them.

84GRIZ said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Season UM tractor tech
ppg 71.7 67.4
fg% 47.1% 44.6%
reb 31.8 35.5
assists 12.5 11.6
blocks 3.5 2.2
steals 6.3 5.6
last 5 games 5-0 3-2

A few stats:

Griz by 10, 78 - 68

Cat's have to play at Portland State tonight with an 8:05 MST start time. Even if they are flying a charter I don't think they will be getting home until 2 or 3 in the morning. Will be a tough turnaround. Not that I feel sorry for them.

Same trip your coach was bitching about before the last Cat/griz game... It didn't seem to hurt your team much.

SACCAT66 said:
84GRIZ said:
NorthEndZoneDan said:
Season UM tractor tech
ppg 71.7 67.4
fg% 47.1% 44.6%
reb 31.8 35.5
assists 12.5 11.6
blocks 3.5 2.2
steals 6.3 5.6
last 5 games 5-0 3-2

A few stats:

Griz by 10, 78 - 68

Same trip your coach was bitching about before the last Cat/griz game... It didn't seem to hurt your team much.

We had an ugly game at Portland State and got beat pretty bad. At half we were down 19. I think that got us fired up for the game against the Cats.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

NorthEndZoneDan said:
its cat Griz week and I'm looking forward to Saturday.

Last game 78-64 Good Guys

The Griz will be ready to play. Frey won’t be able to put up 34 again. Bozeman is set on fire.
Griz win by 30, 88 - 58

tenor.gif

84GRIZ said:

I had no idea, typical bsc schedule this year, and I agree, dont even feel sorry.

Proud Griz Man said:

NorthEndZoneDan said:

The Griz will be ready to play. Frey won’t be able to put up 34 again. Bozeman is set on fire.
Griz win by 30, 88 - 58

tenor.gif
:thumb:

NorthEndZoneDan said:
Proud Griz Man said:

NorthEndZoneDan said:

Griz win by 30, 88 - 58

tenor.gif
:thumb:

A natural gas explosion leveled half a city block in downtown Bozeman building Thursday morning, sending debris and flames towering and shattering glass windows blocks away. Four businesses were destroyed. The extent of injuries was unknown and there were no confirmed casualties.
Officials, though, said they had not yet been able to begin searching the rubble, as the buildings in the area were too unstable. “There is so much damage there and so much fire still that we cannot get out crews in,” said Chuck Winn, assistant city manager and Bozeman’s former fire chief.
b0ff17e6-e849-508b-a114-3fcc51b8cdb0.image.jpg

That explosion was March 5, 2009. Why are we bringing that up? If I remember right a woman was killed in it.

First off, it’s Griz/cats! Always
I remember Mr. Bozeman himself had a great game last year for his homecoming. Mack has been playing great as of late, and would love to see him take it to the kitties in front of his family and friends. Go Griz!

Herald Frey got injured tonight against PSU! Rolled his ankle at the beginning of 2nd half and did not play the rest of the game. PSU won by 10!

That makes Saturday's game even more interesting. Whether they play or not, neither Timmy or Frey will be 100%. I'll take a gimpy Falls over a gimpy Frey any day!

Griz by 8 to 10.

Back