• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz vs. Weber - Gameday

Mousegriz said:
Timmy has to be one of the all time least liked by refs in griz history. His excellent tight defense creates lots of foul chances. His whining chip on the shoulder demeanor helps the refs call them.

Yep.

mtgrizrule said:
For the most part, Falls is a ball distributor/handler, and defender. Scoring is icing on the cake from him. I honestly would find about 5 more minutes per game for Egun to fill Fall's defensive role. Egun definitely has the energy, heart, and hustle. I honestly feel, he is more than capable of becoming a terrific defender. The problem is, calming him down on the offensive side. Egun's demeanor also has the better mindset, when it comes to officials. Personally, I feel Egun is kind of lost in the shuffle this season. He has the potential, ability, attitude, and athleticism to be much more of a contributor than he does. At the very least, he would be a great defender. I really would experiment with Egun. I am sure the coaches know Timmy's mindset rather quickly in a game. When his mindset isn't right, or the officials get to him early, give Egun some minutes.

Man, if Egun could get in the game and not turn the ball over right away he would probably get more PT. He's done it a few times this year that as soon as he gets the ball he blows it. Could be excitement, could be something else, not sure. He needs to settle.

PlayerRep said:
Falls can play on my team anytime, whether he gets fouls or not. I would guess that more fans may have him as his favorite player this year than any other. Definitely in the people I know. My wife loves him. My brother in law, who has been a high school coach. Me, who started one year in high school basketball. Ha.

I'm with you, and so is most everyone in my section which is directly behind the visitors bench. I love watching the visitors coach bitch, moan, plead, cry and whine all game about just how Unfair it is that Timmy has shutdown his Star Guard

** we make side bets on if Timmy will foul out and with how many minutes left if he does.

Back