• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is this recruiting class complete?

Grizbballfan14

We have filled all 4 of the scholarships that are going to be available next year with commitments. Obviously anything can happen between now and the end of the season, but I dont think much will change on the roster. In the past, spring signings and transfers have been a big part of this team but I dont see any more scholarships being vacated by players leaving the team at the end of this year.

I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on this. Perhaps this will allow us to put more focus into our class of 2021 recruits.

Grizbballfan14 said:
We have filled all 4 of the scholarships that are going to be available next year with commitments. Obviously anything can happen between now and the end of the season, but I dont think much will change on the roster. In the past, spring signings and transfers have been a big part of this team but I dont see any more scholarships being vacated by players leaving the team at the end of this year.

I'd be interested to hear people's thoughts on this. Perhaps this will allow us to put more focus into our class of 2021 recruits.

Two excellent guards from Cali that can to the rim, create, and play defense. Then the two Aussies. One is a smooth sharp shooter and one is an athletic big man. If we sign those 4 this will be an excellent class. However, it’s really hard saying if this class is done, the reason being is the constant turnover in b-ball with transfers. I also have some hope we can get Worster to recommit after he re-examines his options.

dayday said:
Grizbballfan14 said:

Two excellent guards from Cali that can to the rim, create, and play defense. Then the two Aussies. One is a smooth sharp shooter and one is an athletic big man. If we sign those 4 this will be an excellent class. However, it’s really hard saying if this class is done, the reason being is the constant turnover in b-ball with transfers. I also have some hope we can get Worster to recommit after he re-examines his options.

UM has moved passed Rollie. I have heard that he has made his choice. I'll let him announce.

Four scholarships filled and only three seniors leaving after next season. It seems the class is complete including the use of a remaining 2019 scholarship.

Grizbballfan14 said:

I wont consider our recruiting complete until we bring in an athletic 6'10"+ big that can dominate the paint. IMO that is what we need to make a recruiting class outstanding. Right now it is good, allowing us to win the BSC. But I want to beat a Gonzaga etc.

maroonandsilver said:
dayday said:
Grizbballfan14 said:

UM has moved passed Rollie. I have heard that he has made his choice. I'll let him announce.

https://twitter.com/ShaunRainey/status/1175140071365730305

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
maroonandsilver said:
dayday said:
Grizbballfan14 said:

good for the young man. Utah state is a good mid major program with a very good coach, craig smith has been successful at pretty much every where he has been.

braves84 said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
maroonandsilver said:
dayday said:

good for the young man. Utah state is a good mid major program with a very good coach, craig smith has been successful at pretty much every where he has been.

Good luck Rollie! I think we'll be better, but I hope he has a great college career.

He'll be joining former Griz Alphonzo Anderson.

I just hope he can overcome the Montana-Utah State jinx:
--Wayne Estes went there and was electrocuted.
--Mick Dennehy took the head football job there and was fired.
--Riley Bradshaw played sparingly there before transferring back to Montana.

How I wish we were in the Mountain West conference, where we should be. We'd see some great basketball in Missoula, including return trips by Rollie. Dahlberg would rock again.

rocklobster said:
braves84 said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:
maroonandsilver said:

Good luck Rollie! I think we'll be better, but I hope he has a great college career.

I gotta say, I'm underwhelmed by his choice. I guess I expected him to upgrade programs. All the same, good luck to him.

PeauxRouge said:
rocklobster said:
braves84 said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

I gotta say, I'm underwhelmed by his choice. I guess I expected him to upgrade programs. All the same, good luck to him.

I agree. If it had been Arizona State or Colorado or Utah, fine. But USU!? Maybe he just wanted to get out of Missoula. Heck, he could probably play QB for them too!

PeauxRouge said:
rocklobster said:
braves84 said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

I agree. If it had been Arizona State or Colorado or Utah, fine. But USU!? Maybe he just wanted to get out of Missoula. Heck, he could probably play QB for them too!

PeauxRouge said:
rocklobster said:
braves84 said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

PeauxRouge said:
rocklobster said:
braves84 said:
Colter_Nuanez56 said:

citay said:

How I wish we were in the Mountain West conference, where we should be. We'd see some great basketball in Missoula, including return trips by Rollie. Dahlberg would rock again.

You forgot Stew....that jinx was horrible for him. Oh, wait a minute.

ordigger said:
citay said:

You forgot Stew....that jinx was horrible for him. Oh, wait a minute.

I did omit Stew. Maybe because he's a native Utahan, born in Provo, while Estes, Dennehy, Bradshaw and Worster are all native Montanans.

Maybe because I'm a native Utahan as well, who hated the place, and never was happy as a kid until I moved to Montana, where the first night there, I climbed up on a barstool with my Dad and the bartender asked me what I wanted to drink. My kind of place!

Back