• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Rollie Worster Decommitted

Griz til I die said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/BellachCaleb/status/1142290613364150273
Well I’d say he’s probably gonna be a cat.

You may be right but I doubt Coach gave Rollie a reason to decommit. I am sure he was encouraging and positive about Rollie’s commitment to the Griz and I doubt Rollie would choose the Cats over the Griz for any superficial reason such as one of his buddies is going there.

I think Rollie may have gotten some indications that a more prestigious offer was possible and he wants to explore it. Complete speculation on my part. Now if a higher level offer were to fall through and Rollie had to come back to the BSC level there may be some hard feelings on the part of our program and Coach may not give a second chance. I personally would hope we would give a second chance if Travis thinks he can be a productive player for us.

Is there a chance Travis felt we had too many better players at Rollie’s position and he wanted to give Rollie a chance to look elsewhere ASAP? Maybe but I think this is less likely. I have heard Rollie has impressed within the AAU competition.

If he's the best player available to the GRIZ at his position, I hope he reconsiders and honors his commitment.

If he's not, then it doesn't matter if he's from Helgate High or Humuya, Honduras.

EverettGriz said:
If he's the best player available to the GRIZ at his position, I hope he reconsiders and honors his commitment.

If he's not, then it doesn't matter if he's from Helgate High or Humuya, Honduras.

This.

I don't know specifics, only conjecture at this point, but this is what it has to be. If he flips and heads to Bozeman, that is his choice. If he makes the decision to go to a school like OSU, then more power to him.

cmtgrizzly said:
Griz til I die said:
https://mobile.twitter.com/BellachCaleb/status/1142290613364150273
Well I’d say he’s probably gonna be a cat.

You may be right but I doubt Coach gave Rollie a reason to decommit. I am sure he was encouraging and positive about Rollie’s commitment to the Griz and I doubt Rollie would choose the Cats over the Griz for any superficial reason such as one of his buddies is going there.

I think Rollie may have gotten some indications that a more prestigious offer was possible and he wants to explore it. Complete speculation on my part. Now if a higher level offer were to fall through and Rollie had to come back to the BSC level there may be some hard feelings on the part of our program and Coach may not give a second chance. I personally would hope we would give a second chance if Travis thinks he can be a productive player for us.

Is there a chance Travis felt we had too many better players at Rollie’s position and he wanted to give Rollie a chance to look elsewhere ASAP? Maybe but I think this is less likely. I have heard Rollie has impressed within the AAU competition.

This is what I have heard as well. That is why I wouldn't be surprised there isn't an offer on the table from at least one Pac-12 school right now. He can decommit for a million other reasons, but this scenario isn't as implausible as some might be led to believe.

EverettGriz said:

I may be reading this wrong... But are you saying that is the griz don't have someone better, then he should honor his verbal, BUT if the griz have found someone better than him, then they don't need to honor their offer?

When everyone sees Vazquez play and start point for 4 years, I’m not sure it will matter. Would love to keep him but there are studs out there and they want to play for TD.

SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

I may be reading this wrong... But are you saying that is the griz don't have someone better, then he should honor his verbal, BUT if the griz have found someone better than him, then they don't need to honor their offer?

The key word in the post is not honor, but hope. The key point in the post is that it doesn't matter where the kid is from.

EverettGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:
EverettGriz said:

The key word in the post is not honor, but hope. The key point in the post is that it doesn't matter where the kid is from.

I would agree that it doesn't matter where they are from... Rollie is a hell of a Basketball Player.

Paytonlives said:
I hate to break this to him... but there are much better players out there that UM is looking at.

Regarding Rollie, this should be reversed to "I hate to break it to UM...but there are higher level D-1 schools out there that Rollie is now looking at/has offers from/is interested in."

VimSince03 said:
Paytonlives said:
I hate to break this to him... but there are much better players out there that UM is looking at.

Regarding Rollie, this should be reversed to "I hate to break it to UM...but there are higher level D-1 schools out there that Rollie is now looking at/has offers from/is interested in."

It's certainly possible that both are equally true.

EverettGriz said:
VimSince03 said:
Paytonlives said:

It's certainly possible that both are equally true.

I think I know one thing...he isn't going to MSU. He's thinking higher than Big Sky basketball based off the interest he's getting.

VimSince03 said:
Paytonlives said:

and maybe he comes crawling back after 2 years cause he isn't getting PT

fanofzoo said:
VimSince03 said:
Paytonlives said:

and maybe he comes crawling back after 2 years cause he isn't getting PT

Douche bags coming out of the trash.

One could argue that his original decision was a bit premature and given that he has one more year of HS ball left, he may simply want to see what the future may hold. For those that can remember that far back, how many times did you change your mind in your senior year of high school?! I wish him well regardless.

The other recurring (ad nauseum) topic that has cropped up in this thread, the provincial mindset of Montana kids vs out of state talent that wants to play for UM, really has been beat to death. I can understand the argument when applied to football, softball and even track and field simply because of sheer numbers. But in basketball, with the limited number of bodies available you MUST find and recruit the best talent you can wherever they may be! That is the only way you will get and maintain a competitive program. If that player happens to be from Montana all the better! But you can't base your recruiting on that factor.

Gaeilge1 said:
One could argue that his original decision was a bit premature and given that he has one more year of HS ball left, he may simply want to see what the future may hold. For those that can remember that far back, how many times did you change your mind in your senior year of high school?! I wish him well regardless.

The other recurring (ad nauseum) topic that has cropped up in this thread, the provincial mindset of Montana kids vs out of state talent that wants to play for UM, really has been beat to death. I can understand the argument when applied to football, softball and even track and field simply because of sheer numbers. But in basketball, with the limited number of bodies available you MUST find and recruit the best talent you can wherever they may be! That is the only way you will get and maintain a competitive program. If that player happens to be from Montana all the better! But you can't base your recruiting on that factor.

:thumb:

Colter_Nuanez56 said:
Don't be surprised if he signs with Montana still...in December or February...

That would be interesting if he picks football over basketball. I think he can play either and have an impact.

Latest posts

Back