• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Play in Game

timjayko said:
I think the best "play in game"(s) would be the basketball program joining the MWC. Utah State, Fresno State, Nevada, Boise State etc, now there's some play in games throughout the year.

Yes, but not only basketball. All sports.

grizindabox said:
I would prefer the conference get better and the winner not play in a First Four game.

And what year do you anticipate that the Big Sky Conference will get better?

Spanky2 said:
grizindabox said:
I would prefer the conference get better and the winner not play in a First Four game.

I anticipate that it will be sooner than your dream of the MWC.

Spanky2 said:
grizindabox said:

It’s got plenty of good young players right know. Every team has at least 1 very promising player, most have 3 or 4. This was a down year.
Futures for all the teams look like this(from bottom to top of standings and what year they were in the 2018-19 season):
Idaho: Rayquawndis Mitchell(FR), 4.4 PPG, started 10 games, Khadim Samb(FR), 4PPG, 2.4 RPG
Idaho State: Brandon Boyd(JR), 14.2 PPG
Northern Arizona: Bernie Andre(SO), 13.8 PPG,8.5 RPG, Carlos Hines(SO), 12.9 PPG,4.0 APG
Sacramento State: Ethan Esposito(SO), 8.6 PPG, 4.2 RPG, Bryce Fowler(SO), 8 PPG
Southern Utah: Harrison Butler(FR), 10.3 PPG, 6.4 RPG
Montana State: Devin Kirby(SO), 8PPG, 5RPG
Portland State: Holland Woods(SO), 15 PPG, 5.3 APG
Weber State: Caleb Nero(FR), 6.5 PPG, Isreal Barnes(FR), 6.5 PPG, 2.1 RPG, Michal Kozak(SO), 4.8 PPG, 4.1 RPG
Eastern Washington: Jacob Davidson(SO), 14.6 PPG, 3.0 RPG, Kim Aiken Jr.(FR), 6.5 PPG, 4.9 RPG
Northern Colorado: Bodie Hume(FR): 10.8 PPG, 4.3 RPG, Trent Harris(SO), 8.9 PPG, Sam Masten(FR), 6.1 PPG, 1.4 APG
Montana: Timmy Falls(SO), 4.7 PPG, 2.2 APG

grizindabox said:
Spanky2 said:
grizindabox said:

I anticipate that it will be sooner than your dream of the MWC.
Either way, both of us will have a long wait.

Guys, we did this to ourselves. We can’t lose four games in the BigSky and expect to beat Michigan as a 15 seed? One loss ok, but four, and two to a bad PSU team?? Also would have been good to show up for Creighton, or Arizona? There were games we just didn’t show up, but the rest we played like the team these awesome seniors were. Just disappointed. Could have been a 12 or 13 seed.

A 16 seed play-in game is a terrible scenario. You have to focus on your play-in opponent rather than spending time planning and practicing for your 1st round opponent, which is to be one of the top 4 teams in the country.

keena52 said:
Guys, we did this to ourselves. We can’t lose four games in the BigSky and expect to beat Michigan as a 15 seed? One loss ok, but four, and two to a bad PSU team?? Also would have been good to show up for Creighton, or Arizona? There were games we just didn’t show up, but the rest we played like the team these awesome seniors were. Just disappointed. Could have been a 12 or 13 seed.

Wanting to play in the play-in game is a step back. The Griz were better than that. Having a healthy Akoh in those games would have helped; and with the game against Michigan as well. This was a great team this year and they played their hearts for the fans. Watching them play was a treat. We had some great ambassadors for the school. I wish them well with their futures. With who comes back next year, and the new players coming in, we'll have another incredible year next year. Go Griz!

griznative24 said:
I think winning a play in game might be the ceiling. At least you won a game in the "tournament." I watched all the play in games and I think Montana would have a shot.

Well 2 of the play-in games were 11 seed match-ups and 2 were 16 seeds. Obviously, we would a have had a shot (and been favored) against the 16 seeds, but there's little glory in that.

btw, The Griz have won a game in the "tournament". I was there and it was incredible. We'll win another as a 15 or 14-seed again one of these years.

Zirg said:
griznative24 said:
I think winning a play in game might be the ceiling. At least you won a game in the "tournament." I watched all the play in games and I think Montana would have a shot.

Well 2 of the play-in games were 11 seed match-ups and 2 were 16 seeds. Obviously, we would a have had a shot (and been favored) against the 16 seeds, but there's little glory in that.

btw, The Griz have won a game in the "tournament". I was there and it was incredible. We'll win another as a 15 or 14-seed again one of these years.

I watched that game with my folks in high school. I hope you're right.

Back