• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Roster?

citygriz

The full Lady Griz roster is already up. Team pic, individuals pics, bio's, the whole works. Once again, Ladys first.

The Men?

Ah, not so fast.

I've always felt there are four components to any Sports Program, Pro or Collegiate: Administration, Coaches, Players, Fans.

Think about it: Of the four, which is the most important?

I say, the Fans.

No fans, no money. Or at the collegiate level, less money.

Don't tell me Montana built a 7300 seat arena in the expectation no fans would show up.

Smart programs know the fans are important.

Some programs start the season's first practise at midnight. They invite fans, have pep bands, even raise banners of conference or national championships.

Not Montana.

I know, I know. a winning program will fill those seats. And I believe we're on the verge of a great run at Montana.

But no roster one day before the start of the season? C'mon!

A tiny detail. But remember.

God is in the details.

They at least have them on the roster and their social media has been a thousand times better. But you are right on the website. With a top-tier business/marketing school it boggles the mind.

citay said:
The full Lady Griz roster is already up. Team pic, individuals pics, bio's, the whole works. Once again, Ladys first.

The Men?

Ah, not so fast.

I've always felt there are four components to any Sports Program, Pro or Collegiate: Administration, Coaches, Players, Fans.

I say, the Fans.

Don't tell me Montana built a 7300 seat arena in the expectation no fans would show up.

Some programs start the season's first practise at midnight. They invite fans, have pep bands, even raise banners of conference or national championships.

Not Montana.

I know, I know. a winning program will fill those seats. And I believe we're on the verge of a great run at Montana.

God is in the details.

I hear ya. About 10 years ago I emailed Dave Guffey about not updating the football roster. It was about one week before the first game and it was still the previous years roster. Anyhow, Guffey was a prick about it and got all sorts of butt hurt. I think the website was ran by the bookstore at the time. Not much has changed.

We have the same post every year. Nothing changes on the men's side of things. Is it really that different that the ladies roster is up to snuff year after year?

citay said:

The Men?

Ah, not so fast.

I say, the Fans.

Not Montana.

God is in the details.

Don't need a roster. Just show up for the Maroon and Silver scrimmages tonight and see who's on the court. Oh, that's right, you won't be there! :lol:

flatheadgriz406 said:
They at least have them on the roster and their social media has been a thousand times better. But you are right on the website. With a top-tier business/marketing school it boggles the mind.

The Athletic Marketing Dept is 100 fold better than it was a few years ago. Its safe to say their budget is not huge and they are putting time and effort in where they can

Good grief it is not too hard to find. Click on GoGriz click on 10 for Tuesday for the men and on the right side of the article are the Prospectus, Roster and Schedule.

You're a sharp one, Griz1. The problem isn't that they can't find the roster, it's that it rarely, if ever, gets updated. No updated weights, pics or bios. Mike Oguine has been 6'2" 171 lbs for 4 years now. Up to speed?

Most fans, including Citay, know the roster.

And for the rest of you whiners.......why don't you google up "Montana Grizzly Basketball Roster" like I just did and gogriz.com has it!!!

https://gogriz.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

There they are with pictures, uniform numbers, bios and all!

Oguine, Falls, Dorsey, Brown III, Pridgett, Egun, Manual, Carter, Rorie, Akoh, Anderson, Moorehead, Jones, Kramer and Miller.

Now some of you can rest easier and read up on the same guys we've been talking about on here for months or years now!

Jesus, man, you really struggle don't ya. Much of that is not updated info. Michael Oguine does not weigh 171 lbs. . Kelby Kramer has added 25 lbs of muscle. Non rabid griz fans still find that info helpful. I follow quite avidly, so I know the relevant info. Doesn't mean people that don't, don't have a point that the girls roster is much more updated and consistently in a more timely manner. Point made, stop giving contrarian arguments just because you can. Update the shit, end of story.

casewinter13 said:
Jesus, man, you really struggle don't ya. Much of that is not updated info. Michael Oguine does not weigh 171 lbs. . Kelby Kramer has added 25 lbs of muscle. Non rabid griz fans still find that info helpful. I follow quite avidly, so I know the relevant info. Doesn't mean people that don't, don't have a point that the girls roster is much more updated and consistently in a more timely manner. Point made, stop giving contrarian arguments just because you can. Update the shit, end of story.

Got it! Yeah no picture of the incoming frosh nor bios....but we saw videos and read bios about them when they were recruited. Appears there up to date stats of all returning players from last year.

But Rorie's hair looks a little too short. I heard he moved from a #3 to a #4 trimmer in July...so that picture of him sure isn't current! And the weights are all wrong! Michael O. has to weigh at least 180 now. And I heard Kramer put on 23 pounds of muscle and 2 pounds of fat. You say 25 of muscle. I wish they'd clear that up for us!

This is extremely important stuff.....I wish the men's program would get their online roster buffed up...and quit worrying about winning the conference and going to the NCAA's...like the women's program!

casewinter13 said:
You're a sharp one, Griz1. The problem isn't that they can't find the roster, it's that it rarely, if ever, gets updated. No updated weights, pics or bios. Mike Oguine has been 6'2" 171 lbs for 4 years now. Up to speed?

Women's roster has absolutely no player weights at all! A travesty! How are we supposed to be able to measure their "freshman 15" if we don't have a baseline?

Mousegriz said:
casewinter13 said:

Women's roster has absolutely no player weights at all! A travesty! How are we supposed to be able to measure their "freshman 15" if we don't have a baseline?

I remember when Hollie Tyler played for the Lady Griz. She was the last, and only, lady I was curious about her weight. I still contend she was 200 lbs+.

casewinter13 said:

Just looked at this new roster. Oguine and Falls both 6'2" 171 lbs....Freddy Brown weightless. Egun only weighs 160 and is 6'4".

This is a travesty! That athletic department and information group appears in total chaos. Thought I'd be able to sleep at night once the update was posted.....can only imagine how casewinter13 is holding up.

Should we call a suicide prevention hotline and have them get in touch with him?

And now citay, in the fashion of a certain poster whose name sounds like Fouler, should take credit for the updated roster and bios.

AllWeatherFan said:
And now citay, in the fashion of a certain poster whose name sounds like Fouler, should take credit for the updated roster and bios.

Please.

I built the original field house, recruited Micheal Ray and Krystkowiak, hired Tinks and DeCuire, and taught Rorie everything he knows about basketball, except for a few moves he picked up on his own.

Let's give credit where credit is due.

Mousegriz said:
casewinter13 said:

Just looked at this new roster. Oguine and Falls both 6'2" 171 lbs....Freddy Brown weightless. Egun only weighs 160 and is 6'4".

This is a travesty! That athletic department and information group appears in total chaos. Thought I'd be able to sleep at night once the update was posted.....can only imagine how casewinter13 is holding up.

Should we call a suicide prevention hotline and have them get in touch with him?

Haha you're still talking? Did I display any serious outrage in my original point? Is pointing out that the sports information director is not providing up-to-date sports information an outrageous take to you? Is that a weirder take than you being outraged at my "outrage"? Should we call for a courtesy wellness check on you to make sure you're holding up ok after my outrageous take that providing up-to-date sports info would be sweet to have?

Hey, I've got a couple of other milquetoast opinions you could overreact to. Should I share now or wait until you're not redlining over there...

That was exhausting to type out on a phone. Can we be done now?

Back