• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Griz Hockey is back !

406mtsports had the one article on Griz Hockey in the spring announcing competition but not much else since. The team's FB page (https://www.facebook.com/MontanaHockey/) seems to be best/most updated source of info outside of the website posted above.

The team is 4-1 with 2 wins over Gonzaga and 2 wins over MSU but did get their first loss yesterday in Bozeman.

From pics and video, seems like the team is drawing pretty well compared to the rink's available capacity.

Went to the game on Friday night and they got plastered by Providence.

Hopefully their next games after this past weekend will go a little better.

MissoulaCanucksFan said:

Providence is,by far, the best team the Griz hockey team will play this year. They were in the ACHA National tourney last year. The Griz have been competitive with everyone else they've played. They actually beat Eastern Wash which the fb can't say.

Zirg said:
MissoulaCanucksFan said:

Providence is,by far, the best team the Griz hockey team will play this year. They were in the ACHA National tourney last year. The Griz have been competitive with everyone else they've played. They beat Eastern Wash which the fb team can't say.

17-1 is a great way to start the season. I usually don’t post a lot, when I do it has been on football since the inception of egriz, not as this name though. I didn’t post for about a decade. I prefer hockey over football anyway. I hope the games are well attended. It would be nice to see the Hockey Team make.

You can always find all the Griz hockey action on 102.9 FM ESPN radio in Western Montana and streamed on the ESPN MT app.

We will also give weekly Griz hockey updates at 4:45 p.m. each Wednesday on Nuanez Now, which you can also listen to on 102.9 ESPN radio, SWX Montana Television & the ESPN MT app plus the Nuanez Now podcast on all podcast platforms.

We will give away two tickets every Wednesday and four more tickets ever Thursday during the show. Griz hockey averaged almost 1,500 fans last season and came close to selling out every single home game. Expect the same in 2022.

We had co-head coaches Mike Anderson and Will Grossman on Nuanez Now last Friday to preview the season. They'll join us with players throughout this upcoming campaign.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/1HOJq4EuXNx2rinXHtywn5?si=dc15b36e2b9b438c

Back