• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2020 Softball Season preview

alabamagrizzly

https://egriz.com/grizboard/viewtopic.php?t=84930

I only post this here because it’s become publicly obvious that few posters are big enough Griz fans to venture outside of the football forum. Wether by ignorance, laziness, or just plain stubbornness, they only choose to visit just one forum. So I decided to make it still visible to everyone on the “One True Forum” but still post a link to the page for comments to adhere to the board rules and regulations. Thank you for your support of the softball team and Go Griz!

alabamagrizzly said:
I only post this here because it’s become publicly obvious that few posters are big enough Griz fans to venture outside of the football forum. Wether by ignorance, laziness, or just plain stubbornness, they only choose to visit just one forum.
Maybe it's because football is their interest. Period.

kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:
I only post this here because it’s become publicly obvious that few posters are big enough Griz fans to venture outside of the football forum. Wether by ignorance, laziness, or just plain stubbornness, they only choose to visit just one forum.

Pretty much. If we ever get a varsity hockey team, I'll be at every game I can.

Htowngriz said:
kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I’ll allow that argument although I disagree with the fundamentals of it. I believe if your gonna root for an athletic school team, you should be a fan of all the teams the school has to offer.

One other question, If you only like football, why did you click on a softball thread?

alabamagrizzly said:
Htowngriz said:
kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I’ll allow that argument although I disagree with the fundamentals of it. I believe if your gonna root for an athletic school team, you should be a fan of all the teams the school has to offer.

One other question, If you only like football, why did you click on a softball thread?

you’re*

alabamagrizzly said:
Htowngriz said:
kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I guess I was curious as to why it was in the football forum, and I don't think the reason you gave is really valid.

NikeGrizz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Htowngriz said:
kemajic said:

you’re*

Thank you. Now I should finally be able to pass that fundamental English class I’ve been struggling on for the past 30+ years.

Htowngriz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Htowngriz said:
kemajic said:

I guess I was curious as to why it was in the football forum, and I don't think the reason you gave is really valid.

Fair enough, but for arguments sake, I do think it is.

alabamagrizzly said:
Htowngriz said:
kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:

I clicked on it because it's out of place in a forum titled Montana Grizzly Football and the FCS. I offered another reason to add to your insulting list characterizing not "big enough Griz fans." How this get's stretched to what I personally am only interested in is very lame (and incorrect). As a start you could review the pronoun "their." What puts you in a position to judge Griz fans and stipulate what they should and should not do?

Actually, without the put-down comment (obviously uncalled for), this is a pretty good way to go about sparking interest in other sports.

Clearly, football is the main interest of most people who visit eGriz ... that is just reality. Generally, I have a certain amount of time I can devote to sports discussion boards. I suspect that's true of many (most?) Griz fans.

I take/make the time to visit this one and the basketball forum. I understand, and do not mind, the infrequent mentions of other sports here. Then, if it happens to spark my interest, I like that I can follow the link to where more discussion might happen. If it fails to catch my interest ... I won't go there. And, like others, I find insinuations that one must be a fan of all sports for a school to be a "real" fan ... well, just dumb. My :twocents:

kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Htowngriz said:
kemajic said:

I clicked on it because it's out of place in a forum titled Montana Grizzly Football and the FCS. I offered another reason to add to your insulting list characterizing not "big enough Griz fans." How this get's stretched to what I personally am only interested in is very lame (and incorrect). As a start you could review the pronoun "their." What puts you in a position to judge Griz fans and stipulate what they should and should not do?

Must admit, I didn’t intend it to be as insulting as it it now seems to be, even more so by my later comments. Obviously in real life, I don’t think all Griz fans aren’t true Griz fans if they don’t know how the cross country team did. I know most Griz fans are fans because of the successful football team. Mostly I took a bad joke as a roundabout way to get non-interested fans interested in a pretty good team. Sorry for the false accusations and maybe go enjoy a softball game. Who knows, maybe you’ll become a fan :D .

And for the record, I’m not even really positive what a pronoun is so correcting my english is like trying to write with my left hand. It just don’t work.

alabamagrizzly said:
NikeGrizz said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Htowngriz said:

you’re*

Thank you. Now I should finally be able to pass that fundamental English class I’ve been struggling on for the past 30+ years.

You’re welcome.

EverettGriz said:
Thanks as always Bama!!

:thumb:

Season started today with a bang. Here’s the link to the season thread. Game 2’s at 1:30 mt today. Unfortunately no video/radio so you gotta watch on the gametracker.

Back