2020 Softball Season preview

Griz Softball, Soccer, Tennis, Volleyball & More
Post Reply
alabamagrizzly
Posts: 3929
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: body in Alabama, heart in Montana

viewtopic.php?t=84930

I only post this here because it’s become publicly obvious that few posters are big enough Griz fans to venture outside of the football forum. Wether by ignorance, laziness, or just plain stubbornness, they only choose to visit just one forum. So I decided to make it still visible to everyone on the “One True Forum” but still post a link to the page for comments to adhere to the board rules and regulations. Thank you for your support of the softball team and Go Griz!
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's
User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 13135
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:10 am
viewtopic.php?t=84930
I only post this here because it’s become publicly obvious that few posters are big enough Griz fans to venture outside of the football forum. Wether by ignorance, laziness, or just plain stubbornness, they only choose to visit just one forum.
Maybe it's because football is their interest. Period.
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em." - Webb Wilder
User avatar
Htowngriz
Posts: 3187
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:13 pm

kemajic wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:15 am
alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:10 am
viewtopic.php?t=84930
I only post this here because it’s become publicly obvious that few posters are big enough Griz fans to venture outside of the football forum. Wether by ignorance, laziness, or just plain stubbornness, they only choose to visit just one forum.
Maybe it's because football is their interest. Period.
Pretty much. If we ever get a varsity hockey team, I'll be at every game I can.
alabamagrizzly
Posts: 3929
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: body in Alabama, heart in Montana

Htowngriz wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:56 am
kemajic wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:15 am
alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:10 am
viewtopic.php?t=84930
I only post this here because it’s become publicly obvious that few posters are big enough Griz fans to venture outside of the football forum. Wether by ignorance, laziness, or just plain stubbornness, they only choose to visit just one forum.
Maybe it's because football is their interest. Period.
Pretty much. If we ever get a varsity hockey team, I'll be at every game I can.
I’ll allow that argument although I disagree with the fundamentals of it. I believe if your gonna root for an athletic school team, you should be a fan of all the teams the school has to offer.

One other question, If you only like football, why did you click on a softball thread?
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's
NikeGrizz
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:42 pm

alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:56 am
kemajic wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:15 am
alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:10 am
viewtopic.php?t=84930
I only post this here because it’s become publicly obvious that few posters are big enough Griz fans to venture outside of the football forum. Wether by ignorance, laziness, or just plain stubbornness, they only choose to visit just one forum.
Maybe it's because football is their interest. Period.
Pretty much. If we ever get a varsity hockey team, I'll be at every game I can.
I’ll allow that argument although I disagree with the fundamentals of it. I believe if your gonna root for an athletic school team, you should be a fan of all the teams the school has to offer.

One other question, If you only like football, why did you click on a softball thread?
you’re*
User avatar
Htowngriz
Posts: 3187
Joined: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:13 pm

alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:56 am
kemajic wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:15 am
alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:10 am
viewtopic.php?t=84930
I only post this here because it’s become publicly obvious that few posters are big enough Griz fans to venture outside of the football forum. Wether by ignorance, laziness, or just plain stubbornness, they only choose to visit just one forum.
Maybe it's because football is their interest. Period.
Pretty much. If we ever get a varsity hockey team, I'll be at every game I can.
I’ll allow that argument although I disagree with the fundamentals of it. I believe if your gonna root for an athletic school team, you should be a fan of all the teams the school has to offer.

One other question, If you only like football, why did you click on a softball thread?
I guess I was curious as to why it was in the football forum, and I don't think the reason you gave is really valid.
alabamagrizzly
Posts: 3929
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: body in Alabama, heart in Montana

NikeGrizz wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:44 pm
alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:56 am
kemajic wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:15 am

Maybe it's because football is their interest. Period.
Pretty much. If we ever get a varsity hockey team, I'll be at every game I can.
I’ll allow that argument although I disagree with the fundamentals of it. I believe if your gonna root for an athletic school team, you should be a fan of all the teams the school has to offer.

One other question, If you only like football, why did you click on a softball thread?
you’re*
Thank you. Now I should finally be able to pass that fundamental English class I’ve been struggling on for the past 30+ years.
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's
alabamagrizzly
Posts: 3929
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: body in Alabama, heart in Montana

Htowngriz wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:08 pm
alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:56 am
kemajic wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:15 am

Maybe it's because football is their interest. Period.
Pretty much. If we ever get a varsity hockey team, I'll be at every game I can.
I’ll allow that argument although I disagree with the fundamentals of it. I believe if your gonna root for an athletic school team, you should be a fan of all the teams the school has to offer.

One other question, If you only like football, why did you click on a softball thread?
I guess I was curious as to why it was in the football forum, and I don't think the reason you gave is really valid.
Fair enough, but for arguments sake, I do think it is.
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's
User avatar
kemajic
eGriz Club
Posts: 13135
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2004 5:18 pm
Location: Columbus

alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:56 am
kemajic wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:15 am
alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:10 am
viewtopic.php?t=84930
I only post this here because it’s become publicly obvious that few posters are big enough Griz fans to venture outside of the football forum. Wether by ignorance, laziness, or just plain stubbornness, they only choose to visit just one forum.
Maybe it's because football is their interest. Period.
Pretty much. If we ever get a varsity hockey team, I'll be at every game I can.
I’ll allow that argument although I disagree with the fundamentals of it. I believe if your gonna root for an athletic school team, you should be a fan of all the teams the school has to offer.

One other question, If you only like football, why did you click on a softball thread?
I clicked on it because it's out of place in a forum titled Montana Grizzly Football and the FCS. I offered another reason to add to your insulting list characterizing not "big enough Griz fans." How this get's stretched to what I personally am only interested in is very lame (and incorrect). As a start you could review the pronoun "their." What puts you in a position to judge Griz fans and stipulate what they should and should not do?
"Work hard, rock hard, eat hard, sleep hard, grow big, wear glasses if you need 'em." - Webb Wilder
User avatar
IdaGriz01
Posts: 9547
Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:44 pm
Location: Idaho Falls

Actually, without the put-down comment (obviously uncalled for), this is a pretty good way to go about sparking interest in other sports.

Clearly, football is the main interest of most people who visit eGriz ... that is just reality. Generally, I have a certain amount of time I can devote to sports discussion boards. I suspect that's true of many (most?) Griz fans.

I take/make the time to visit this one and the basketball forum. I understand, and do not mind, the infrequent mentions of other sports here. Then, if it happens to spark my interest, I like that I can follow the link to where more discussion might happen. If it fails to catch my interest ... I won't go there. And, like others, I find insinuations that one must be a fan of all sports for a school to be a "real" fan ... well, just dumb. My :twocents:
alabamagrizzly
Posts: 3929
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: body in Alabama, heart in Montana

kemajic wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 6:21 pm
alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:56 am
kemajic wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:15 am

Maybe it's because football is their interest. Period.
Pretty much. If we ever get a varsity hockey team, I'll be at every game I can.
I’ll allow that argument although I disagree with the fundamentals of it. I believe if your gonna root for an athletic school team, you should be a fan of all the teams the school has to offer.

One other question, If you only like football, why did you click on a softball thread?
I clicked on it because it's out of place in a forum titled Montana Grizzly Football and the FCS. I offered another reason to add to your insulting list characterizing not "big enough Griz fans." How this get's stretched to what I personally am only interested in is very lame (and incorrect). As a start you could review the pronoun "their." What puts you in a position to judge Griz fans and stipulate what they should and should not do?
Must admit, I didn’t intend it to be as insulting as it it now seems to be, even more so by my later comments. Obviously in real life, I don’t think all Griz fans aren’t true Griz fans if they don’t know how the cross country team did. I know most Griz fans are fans because of the successful football team. Mostly I took a bad joke as a roundabout way to get non-interested fans interested in a pretty good team. Sorry for the false accusations and maybe go enjoy a softball game. Who knows, maybe you’ll become a fan :D .

And for the record, I’m not even really positive what a pronoun is so correcting my english is like trying to write with my left hand. It just don’t work.
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's
NikeGrizz
Posts: 957
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:42 pm

alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:21 pm
NikeGrizz wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 3:44 pm
alabamagrizzly wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 12:55 pm
Htowngriz wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 11:56 am


Pretty much. If we ever get a varsity hockey team, I'll be at every game I can.
I’ll allow that argument although I disagree with the fundamentals of it. I believe if your gonna root for an athletic school team, you should be a fan of all the teams the school has to offer.

One other question, If you only like football, why did you click on a softball thread?
you’re*
Thank you. Now I should finally be able to pass that fundamental English class I’ve been struggling on for the past 30+ years.
You’re welcome.
User avatar
EverettGriz
eGriz Club
Posts: 21484
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2004 7:52 pm
Location: The Shadel, Mill Creek, WA

Thanks as always Bama!!
Booze is the duct tape of life.
alabamagrizzly
Posts: 3929
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:05 pm
Location: body in Alabama, heart in Montana

EverettGriz wrote:
Wed Jan 29, 2020 10:19 am
Thanks as always Bama!!
:thumb:

Season started today with a bang. Here’s the link to the season thread. Game 2’s at 1:30 mt today. Unfortunately no video/radio so you gotta watch on the gametracker.
"In Bill's(Wild Bill Kelly) tragic death there might be some message for the college society that basks in the glory of the football team and the individual heroes, but overlooks the fact that they are like the rest of us with conflicts, fears, frustrations, and weakness."-Joseph Cochran, friend of Kelly's
Post Reply