• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

CONGRATS Griz Soccer: Big Sky Season Champs

grizzlyjournal

Montana's incredible soccer team waltzes out of Spokane with a 1-0 victory over Eastern Washington and its first regular season Big Sky Title since 2014. This team has has no -- as in ZERO -- seniors on the team. Hearty congratulations to the 2019 Montana Grizzly soccer team.

Congratulations to second-year coach, Chris Citowicki and staff for this remarkable feat.

[media]https://twitter.com/quartzglen/status/1189684686521434112[/media]

Here's video of the winning goal. Wow. Perfectly played, while several Eastern players blocked their goalie from getting to the corner of the box. Congrats again Griz!

[media]https://twitter.com/INWsoccernews/status/1189698935805186048[/media]

grizzlyjournal said:
Here's video of the winning goal. Wow. Perfectly played, while several Eastern players blocked their goalie from getting to the corner of the box. Congrats again Griz!

[media]https://twitter.com/INWsoccernews/status/1189698935805186048[/media]

Thank you for promoting Lady Griz soccer. I think soccer and baseball are slowly gaining some traction...but it is really slow given how good both those teams are doing. Keep up the good work.

Unfortunately, Montana fell to Northern Colorado 2-1 (OT) in the tournament semi-finals, in a rematch of last year's title game. Northern Colorado will represent the Big Sky Conference in the NCAA tournament. According to the conference website, this marks two years in a row (and the third time in four years) that the top two seeds lost in the semi-finals.

grizband said:
Unfortunately, Montana fell to Northern Colorado 2-1 (OT) in the tournament semi-finals, in a rematch of last year's title game. Northern Colorado will represent the Big Sky Conference in the NCAA tournament. According to the conference website, this marks two years in a row (and the third time in four years) that the top two seeds lost in the semi-finals.

This has happened frequently in the Big Sky Conference... primarily, I think, because the post-season tourney is hosted by the previous year's regular season conference champ. Unless the Big Sky changes things this year, that means that Montana -- a team without a single senior on its roster this year -- will host the tourney next year.

grizzlyjournal said:
grizband said:

This has happened frequently in the Big Sky Conference... primarily, I think, because the post-season tourney is hosted by the previous year's regular season conference champ. Unless the Big Sky changes things this year, that means that Montana -- a team without a single senior on its roster this year -- will host the tourney next year.

Also, I think having a bye actually hurts a lot of teams because they have not played in a week and in some cases almost two weeks. Both teams that had a bye lost in the semi-finals on Friday to teams that played on Wednesday. I just think it is hard to stay sharp with that long of a lay off.

Go Griz soccer! :D
This team has made big strides over the past decade. The way they are playing now makes me wonder why they don't get more attention. LadyGriz basketball needs to rebound. Volleyball is in a rebuild. Softball and soccer are where it is at and with soccer winning the post season in 2018 and now regular season in 2019 without a single loss they are on top. I also had the opportunity to hear the head coach speak recently and his story and ideas for the program are great!

grizzlyjournal said:
grizband said:

I still don’t like it. Reward the team the SAME year. This way is just dumb.

Back