• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Male UM Runner Will Compete as Female Runner During Senior Year

SoCal Surfer

DONOR
https://www.dailysignal.com/2019/08/29/biologically-male-d1-runner-switches-to-womens-team-for-senior-year/

Is this an unfair advantage?

"Male athletes who identify as transgender women have an “intolerable” advantage over their female competitors, even after suppressing their testosterone levels, a June paper published in the Journal of Medical Ethics concluded.

Eastwood’s personal bests as a male runner would shatter records in the women’s category, running blog LetsRun noted."

I'm not giving my personal opinion here, but the above quotes definately seem to indicate it is (unfair).

It’s most certainly unfair but it’s becoming the way of the world whether you agree or disagree.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/connecticut-transgender-athletes-face-federal-discrimination-complaint-from-females-over-title-ix-violations/

Three Connecticut girls who have run high school track have filed a federal discrimination complaint saying a statewide policy on transgender athletes has cost them top finishes in races and possibly college scholarships.

The Connecticut Interscholastic Athletic Conference, which governs high school sports in the state, says its policy follows a state anti-discrimination law requiring students to be treated in school according to the gender with which they identify. That means that athletes can compete according to their expressed gender identity as opposed to their sex assigned at birth.

"Girls deserve to compete on a level playing field," said Christiana Holcomb, legal counsel for Alliance Defending Freedom. "Women fought long and hard to earn the equal athletic opportunities that Title IX provides. Allowing boys to compete in girls' sports reverses nearly 50 years of advances for women under this law. We shouldn't force these young women to be spectators in their own sports."

Anyone with half a brain realizes that it's completely unfair but very few will stand up and say so for fear of being labeled as some sort of bigot or "phobe".

This was the inevitable end result of two things: 1) the women’s lib movement and 2) women wanting “equality” with men.

AZGrizFan said:
This was the inevitable end result of two things: 1) the women’s lib movement and 2) women wanting “equality” with men.

Which leads to another issue in our society. Your a bigot for saying this out loud.

The Women should refuse to run until the U fixes their shit. That being said, I don't know why this IT is deciding to use this chance to just be a Female athlete. Considering there is 30-75 different genders according to the loonies, this IT can go be anything else...

All that being said, I wouldn't switch to Female, I would identify as a F-18... Or an Apache Helicopter... Yeah, definitely an Apache. I have seen them right above me before, they are Badass... I need to figure out where to put the Jet Fuel.

No, A Warthog... They are the ultimate destruction device... And I get a Gatling if I'm one of them...

MikeyGriz said:
Wasn't this unfair when the Russians and East Germans did this in the Olympics?

Yes and they didn't even have testicles. I guess no one considered this could destroy women's athletics.

Back