Aly Tekipee Track commit

Griz Softball, Soccer, Tennis, Track, Volleyball, Golf | More
codycleve

Aly Tekipee Track commit

Post by codycleve » Wed May 15, 2019 1:17 pm

Here is a really good story on a close family friends kid that committed to to the Griz track team.

https://www.idahopress.com/sports/highs ... 3f537.html

grizzlyjournal

Re: Aly Tekipee Track commit

Post by grizzlyjournal » Wed May 15, 2019 1:50 pm

A truly inspiring story about a remarkable young woman. I have the highest respectd for Aly in many ways, especially wih regard to her eye condition, Keratoconus. I've had "unresolved and untreatable" keratoconus since 1998. It's a difficult condition to treat for many.

astutegriz

Post by astutegriz » Wed May 15, 2019 7:23 pm

grizzlyjournal wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:50 pm
A truly inspiring story about a remarkable young woman. I have the highest respectd for Aly in many ways, especially wih regard to her eye condition, Keratoconus. I've had "unresolved and untreatable" keratoconus since 1998. It's a difficult condition to treat for many.
Treatable now with cross linking. Works well. Stopped the condition for a friend of mine last year. Another friend had to get new corneas as the treatment doesn’t reverse damage, just stops progress.

grizzlyjournal

Post by grizzlyjournal » Wed May 15, 2019 9:10 pm

astutegriz wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 7:23 pm
grizzlyjournal wrote:
Wed May 15, 2019 1:50 pm
Treatable now with cross linking. Works well. Stopped the condition for a friend of mine last year. Another friend had to get new corneas as the treatment doesn’t reverse damage, just stops progress.
Thanks astutegriz. I'll pursue this, using the term cross linking. Much appreciated.