• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

NHL season cancelled

I'm a hockey fan but it appears I'm in the minority.
Poll said hockey was less popular than figure skating and boxing.
Hope they have a season next year.

Its bad news out here......everyone out here lives for Red Wings hockey.....owners are dumb for asking the players to police the spending....

grizfaninkalamazoo said:
Its bad news out here...everyone out here lives for Red Wings hockey.....owners are dumb for asking the players to police the spending....

Just in bad in Calgary, AB. Although the Flames Organization gave matching tickets to the local Calgary Hitmen games as a gesture of fan support. Which helps but doesn't solve the problem.

bronco said:
I'm a hockey fan but it appears I'm in the minority.
Poll said hockey was less popular than figure skating and boxing.
Hope they have a season next year.

I think the popular polls are unrealistic (just look at the last election). I think regular hockey fans (of which I am one) have found other avenues to feed their needs. AHL, College, local league play, what have you. We don't like the NHL situation, but there isn't alot we can do about it. It's not disinterest, it's doing what you can with what you have left.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they can get a deal done so we can have NHL hockey AND I-AA Football this Fall. We'll have to see....

In the UHL the all-time leading scorer made a little comment about Draper, Chelios, and Avery playing for the Motor City Mechanics that the Mechanics coach put out a $200 bounty on the guy....Coach has been suspended for the season.

grizfaninkalamazoo said:
In the UHL the all-time leading scorer made a little comment about Draper, Chelios, and Avery playing for the Motor City Mechanics that the Mechanics coach put out a $200 bounty on the guy....Coach has been suspended for the season.

Considering all the media attention on the Moore/Bertuzzi incident last Spring I am not at all surprised that Administration is paying close attention to all the commentary. Especially since it came back into the light with the civil suit filing here a couple of days ago.

Here is the link to the article if others want to read it:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=1997120

oh it was a necessary move for sure........it kind of drives me nuts that these guys are dropping down to play on these teams......especially when the hometown team here is having a great season.....

An speaking of hockey avs fan, my boss and his wife were over in toronto last year and brought back books to give to my three year old....it was talking about colors and occupations.....most kids book will say baseball coach or what not.....my kids book has that Perry is coaching a junior hockey team....i love it.

grizfaninkalamazoo said:
An speaking of hockey avs fan, my boss and his wife were over in toronto last year and brought back books to give to my three year old....it was talking about colors and occupations.....most kids book will say baseball coach or what not.....my kids book has that Perry is coaching a junior hockey team....i love it.

My favorite kids book was "H" is for Hockey. I haven't see it in many years. It taught the alphabet with hockey stuff and pictures of the items. Definitely a Canadian product. The ones that stuck in my mind are:

C is for Coach
P is for Puck
G is for Goalie
Z is for Zamboni

Ah, the memories!! :wink: You know, maybe someone should write a kids Griz Alphabet Book.... G is for Grizzlies.

Back