• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Lady Soccer

AZDoc

DONOR
Hawaii cancelled but going to ASU Thursday instead. If you care...live streaming here:

https://thesundevils.com/news/2018/8/21/womens-soccer-sun-devil-soccer-announce-update-to-weekend-schedule.aspx

AZDoc said:
Hawaii cancelled but going to ASU Thursday instead. If you care...live streaming here:

https://thesundevils.com/news/2018/8/21/womens-soccer-sun-devil-soccer-announce-update-to-weekend-schedule.aspx

That’s a winnable match too if we can get some O going.

A little nervous for this team. Seem to have, much like last year, trouble putting the ball in the net. To win this conference we are going to have to be able to score 2-3 goals in more than one game. We arent going to win anything scoring at our current rate. Anyone who has been to games have any insight to continued scoring difficulty?

cmtgrizzly said:
A little nervous for this team. Seem to have, much like last year, trouble putting the ball in the net. To win this conference we are going to have to be able to score 2-3 goals in more than one game. We arent going to win anything scoring at our current rate. Anyone who has been to games have any insight to continued scoring difficulty?

The lack of goals is certainly worrisome. 1-4-2 with one non-con game left and we’ve been out scored 2-8. This is worse then last year or any other for a long time now. I have no insight to what the issues are since my soccer knowledge goes as far as basic positions and score more then the other guys but something is definitely not working.

alabamagrizzly said:
cmtgrizzly said:

The lack of goals is certainly worrisome. 1-4-2 with one non-con game left and we’ve been out scored 2-8. This is worse then last year or any other for a long time now. I have no insight to what the issues are since my soccer knowledge goes as far as basic positions and score more then the other guys but something is definitely not working.

I only watched 1 match last year against Boise, none this year. For me seemed the focus was defense and looking to win by defense and low scoring. Assume same this season, or similar, based on players. They need a stud to hit the back of the net. Hoping in about 5 years that recruit will be my daughter!

Some of us have to bear in mind the team is still (in a sense) adjusting to Citowicki's style.

Also, the team got a pretty important senior back prior to the Wyoming match: https://gogriz.com/news/2018/9/6/soccer-janessa-fowler-is-d-all-of-the-above.aspx

MissoulaCanucksFan said:
Some of us have to bear in mind the team is still (in a sense) adjusting to Citowicki's style.

Also, the team got a pretty important senior back prior to the Wyoming match: https://gogriz.com/news/2018/9/6/soccer-janessa-fowler-is-d-all-of-the-above.aspx

Yes, she’s a huge part of this teams success and strategy. Should definitely make a noticeable impact.

We need some luck or something. We have only scored 4 goals in 11 games. Defense has played well overall and fortunately only given up 15, not too bad. We need the ball to start bouncing our way. I believe it will soon and before the conference tourney! We need to win that thing!

cmtgrizzly said:
We need some luck or something. We have only scored 4 goals in 11 games. Defense has played well overall and fortunately only given up 15, not too bad. We need the ball to start bouncing our way. I believe it will soon and before the conference tourney! We need to win that thing!

As I said, need a go to player. Hope she gets there soon! If not, I'm working on my daughters skills and she's class of 2024 :lol:

I hope we get some increased offensive production this weekend. I think we have to win 1 or maybe two to make the conference tourney. I read an article recently that said we have only scored something like 6 goals this year. Time for an offensive outburst!

cmtgrizzly said:
I hope we get some increased offensive production this weekend. I think we have to win 1 or maybe two to make the conference tourney. I read an article recently that said we have only scored something like 6 goals this year. Time for an offensive outburst!

I just looked..it's 8. So get your facts straight before posting! :lol:
That's not good. Those around the program have any insight on how the girls are with the new coach?

AZDoc said:
cmtgrizzly said:

That's not good. Those around the program have any insight on how the girls are with the new coach?

The latest article on GoGriz talked about some recent lineup changes that have kinda sparked us a little offensively.

https://gogriz.com/news/2018/10/17/soccer-postseason-hopes-on-the-line-this-weekend.aspx

One of the reasons for a more dynamic offensive presence was that Citowicki moved Janessa Fowler out of her holding midfielder position up the field to forward.

And the indefatigable Taylor Hansen, normally an outside back, was moved up the field as well, where her speed could be unleashed with the goal of scoring, well, goals, not defending against them.

Fowler took three shots in the match, Hansen two, as the pair accounted for nearly one-third of the team's total of 16.

Ali Monroe started at holding midfielder, Emily Peters made her first career start at outside back, and it worked. As one player said this week, it felt like the team was playing Montana Soccer again.

"There were a lot of pieces that fell into place for us over the weekend," said Citowicki. "That's the most dangerous we've looked all year. I know it was a tie, but it wasn't a tie like some of the other ones.

"Taylor and Janessa were amazing. It was a complete picture up there. I think that's the best we've looked all year. It seems to be falling into place at the right time."

alabamagrizzly said:
AZDoc said:
cmtgrizzly said:

The latest article on GoGriz talked about some recent lineup changes that have kinda sparked us a little offensively.

https://gogriz.com/news/2018/10/17/soccer-postseason-hopes-on-the-line-this-weekend.aspx

One of the reasons for a more dynamic offensive presence was that Citowicki moved Janessa Fowler out of her holding midfielder position up the field to forward.

And the indefatigable Taylor Hansen, normally an outside back, was moved up the field as well, where her speed could be unleashed with the goal of scoring, well, goals, not defending against them.

Fowler took three shots in the match, Hansen two, as the pair accounted for nearly one-third of the team's total of 16.

Ali Monroe started at holding midfielder, Emily Peters made her first career start at outside back, and it worked. As one player said this week, it felt like the team was playing Montana Soccer again.

"There were a lot of pieces that fell into place for us over the weekend," said Citowicki. "That's the most dangerous we've looked all year. I know it was a tie, but it wasn't a tie like some of the other ones.

"Taylor and Janessa were amazing. It was a complete picture up there. I think that's the best we've looked all year. It seems to be falling into place at the right time."

Nice thanks :thumb:

3 goals?! Finally! Now we can roll with some momentum. Good luck in the conference tourney to our Lady Griz Soccer!

Weber has not played a game since October 19th so hopefully they are a little rusty. Need to jump on them early before they wake up.

Wonderful BSC---today's soccer match with Weber shows PLAYING currently on Watch Big Sky/Pluto but numerous attempts to load just result in "Network Error". #bsc, #joke. What a bunch of subterraneum amateurs! :roll: :roll:

Back