• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Morley Transferring

BDizzle

DONOR
http://m.billingsgazette.com/sports/college/big-sky-conference/university-of-montana/morley-leaving-montana/article_60bd01e6-a02f-5b86-a1b7-3cd51da4115e.html

Damn it's never good to lose somebody like her. Wishing her the best.

I heard she was wanting to transfer to Bozeman, but the athletic department wouldn't grant her release to a rival school. I think she'll probably end up at Colorado Boulder

We finally get a national-class Montana athlete who chooses to stay here --- and we can't keep her, problems with coach. so we probably lost her brother and sister, too .... plus whatever impact on other MT athletes...

I wish her luck and success....

She is not going to msu and did not want to. The coach that ran her off should get a kick in the butt.

Morley was a breath of fresh air to a track program that continues to end up dead last (almost) and would have helped us get better kids to come to the U. Haslam needs to get on top of this right away.

Good luck to Morley as all of us loved to watch her run and she would have been a great one to watch as she went on running for us!

More of the exodus of people leaving UM. Morley, Legi, TG, when will it end?

Kidding of course. The article I read made it sound like her and the coach did not like eachother at all.

wbtfg said:
I heard she was wanting to transfer to Bozeman, but the athletic department wouldn't grant her release to a rival school. I think she'll probably end up at Colorado Boulder

Called it....

wbtfg said:
wbtfg said:

Called it....

Except for the wanting Bozo part and all....

Looks like Colin Fehr, the women's xc coach is stepping down as a result of Morley's transfer:

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/fehr-stepping-down-as-griz-xc-coach-in-wake-of/article_cce3de2a-6c14-55f8-b7ad-a07d616e91cc.html

biga75 said:
Looks like Colin Fehr, the women's xc coach is stepping down as a result of Morley's transfer:

http://missoulian.com/sports/college/montana/fehr-stepping-down-as-griz-xc-coach-in-wake-of/article_cce3de2a-6c14-55f8-b7ad-a07d616e91cc.html
Interesting - it would seem that there is "more to the story" though. Anybody else find it strange that a coach "resigns" because his best runner transferred and it would be too difficult to recruit? I know maybe xc would be more difficult to recruit - but still - it seems to me that there was a bigger problem.

I started a new thread before seeing this one (I followed this on twitter, sorrry).
I know a guy who deserves consideration to replace the departing coach. This would NEVER happen under his leadership. Anybody got a connection I can reach out to to recommend a new coach? PM me. Thanks!

GrizGuy said:
I started a new thread before seeing this one (I followed this on twitter, sorrry).
I know a guy who deserves consideration to replace the departing coach. This would NEVER happen under his leadership. Anybody got a connection I can reach out to to recommend a new coach? PM me. Thanks!

[email protected]

Back