• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Crazy Fight - BYU vs Memphis -

pussycatkillerz

DONOR
Yeah, not GRIZ but it's the off season and this was pretty crazy

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pUxCDGG-RDQ[/youtube]

pussycatkillerz said:

I wonder what the punishment will be for BYU #12? He obviously didn't do much for enhancing the squeaky clean image of the BYU Brand. He already can't have sex or drink. You take that away what is left? A scholarship?

From the brief recap I saw on the tube, it was NASTY!! No question a number of suspensions coming down the pike....

Ursa Major said:
pussycatkillerz said:

I wonder what the punishment will be for BYU #12? He obviously didn't do much for enhancing the squeaky clean image of the BYU Brand. He already can't have sex or drink. You take that away what is left? A scholarship?

I would think both the NCAA and BYU will dole out enough punishment that #12 will be lucky if he is ever playing again. Can't tell how he ended up so bloodied, and what prompted his sucker punch, but you just can't pull that crap. Not even in retaliation.

I'm curious where the law enforcement presence was during that dust up. If i was a parent of the kid who got sucker punched id seriously look at pressing assault charges. That kind of shit has nothing to do with playing the game of football, full contact sport or not, assault is assault...damn now I wish I'd have finished watching that game.

Harm said:
I'm curious where the law enforcement presence was during that dust up. If i was a parent of the kid who got sucker punched id seriously look at pressing assault charges. That kind of shit has nothing to do with playing the game of football, full contact sport or not, assault is assault...damn now I wish I'd have finished watching that game.

Maybe the kid that threw the "sucker punch" got his eye socket smashed by a "sucker punch" from the kid he "sucker punched."

*shrugs shoulders*

Obviously emotions were running high and there is a lot more that went on the footage didn't show. Seemed like a big deal at the time but kids bounce back. They will be laughing about this over a beer before you know it.

I just watched the highlights and some memphis players jacked up a BYU kid from behind. One hit him in the head with his helmet that was in his hand. the announcers said looked like memphis started it with that action. I'm sure big trouble for everyone.

NorthEndZoneDan said:
BYU #12 is a DB, a sophomore, home town is Las Vegas. Who knew there are Mormons in Vegas?

THE-KILLERS_600x400.jpg

Ha.. Having lived in Nevada, I know the LDS have a strong grip on that state. Not like Idaho, but a solid presence. Doesn't seem to make sense, I know.. But gambling must not be a deal breaker like alcohol. Cause they gamble.... Shhhh. ;)

#12 threw a sucker punch early in the melee & missed, then he got clocked from a Memphis player who witnessed it, then he decided to come from behind & throw another sucker punch, connecting this time as things were calming down somewhat. Total punk move. If you know BYU, they're as classless as it gets even with their BS honor code & all. Bunch of sore loser 24 year old juniors that act like children.

Well what did we learn from all of this - NEVER take your helmet off until you are in the locker room!

Harm said:

Really? Do you think they should be involved in hockey fights too? It's a game, fights happen, its no place for a cop to be.

griz5700 said:
Ha.. Having lived in Nevada, I know the LDS have a strong grip on that state. Not like Idaho, but a solid presence. Doesn't seem to make sense, I know.. But gambling must not be a deal breaker like alcohol. Cause they gamble.... Shhhh. ;)

Ha Ha, they drink their fair share also...... :D

Ranco, that's not a very accurate post. Fighting IS an accepted action in hockey, it ISN'T in football...either way, they all made themselves look like mormons.....err morons.....hopefully they get hammered for it by NCAA....its nothing like having an extra hotdog or something so I'd assume they'll only have their hands slapped... :roll:

Back