• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

CMR Coach Jack Johnson

RABIDAWG

eGriz Club
That was a heck of a retirement party in Great Falls Saturday night for a legendary coach. Thought I'd mention it since the Zoolian doesn't recognize anything east of the divide. Many legends of their times, along with other coaches, including Tommy Lee and VanDiest. Real nice tributes by Dave Dickinson and Coach Delaney. If you played or coached for him, you were lucky….against him, not so good most of the time. Seeing and hearing the stories from past Rustler players was a hoot!

The Tribune didn't mention that any of those guys were there. They did talk about some of the star quarterbacks from the past. There was no mention of Dave being there so I assumed he couldn't make it. Wish we could have made it.

RABIDAWG said:
That was a heck of a retirement party in Great Falls Saturday night for a legendary coach. Thought I'd mention it since the Zoolian doesn't recognize anything east of the divide. Many legends of their times, along with other coaches, including Tommy Lee and VanDiest. Real nice tributes by Dave Dickinson and Coach Delaney. If you played or coached for him, you were lucky….against him, not so good most of the time. Seeing and hearing the stories from past Rustler players was a hoot!

Although the lines have blurred somewhat over the years, the Missoulian is/was a regional paper. The Tribune and the Gazette are/were the only two state-wide papers in Montana. This was explained to me many years ago after bitching to a newspaper man about finding football scores in the Missoulian for east of the divide.

grizfan47 said:
The Tribune didn't mention that any of those guys were there. They did talk about some of the star quarterbacks from the past. There was no mention of Dave being there so I assumed he couldn't make it. Wish we could have made it.

Their tributes were by DVD, or whatever electronic transmissions used these days.

Ursa Major said:
RABIDAWG said:

Although the lines have blurred somewhat over the years, the Missoulian is/was a regional paper. The Tribune and the Gazette are/were the only two state-wide papers in Montana. This was explained to me many years ago after bitching to a newspaper man about finding football scores in the Missoulian for east of the divide.

Missoulians in general don't realize that there is life east of the divide...

There's something east of the divide??

Huh. I just assumed when you got to the divide there was a sign that read, "Here be dragons".

EverettGriz said:

Huh. I just assumed when you got to the divide there was a sign that read, "Here be dragons".

I've always considered everything East of the divide to be North Dakota. :cool:

AZGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:

Jobs, agriculture, two fantastic rivers and the highest mountains in the state is all that the approximately 80% of the state, which is east of the divide, can offer. Oh, and balanced politics, which has produced a very stable economy, might be added.

But associating the Beartooths with N. Dakota is a display of real genius....

EverettGriz said:

welcome-billings.jpg

The-walking-dead.jpg

Yes, 500 miles east of the divide "there be dragons ". The roughest necks around are pulling em from the ground. You westsider's ought to jump in your Prius, come on over and see how we pay for your schools . A couple a days on the prairie might broaden your perspective .

AZGrizFan said:
EverettGriz said:

Us Montana flatlanders prefer the term West Dakota.

East of the Divide is the real Montana. Get used to it. West of the Divide is Idaho country. Get used to it. Why else do so many eGrizzers froth at the mouth to get Idaho back into the BSC? UI is more of a rivalry for many west of the Divide than MSU. Remember the Little Brown Stein?

Back