• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

P12 basketball -Utes beat UCLA

Proud Griz Man

DONOR
1285440.jpg

1285443.jpg

SALT LAKE CITY — As soon as Utah coach Larry Krystkowiak could make his way over to the M.U.S.S., he let out a victorious yell and gave the enthusiastic crowd a “U” hand signal. The Utes’ 74-69 win over 25th-ranked UCLA was cause for great celebration Saturday in the Huntsman Center. “It’s a proud day for me and I know the kids are ecstatic,” Krystkowiak said, while including his staff and the fans in the positive vibe. “It’s a really good day for Utah basketball.”

The Utes improved to 14-4 overall and 3-3 in Pac-12 play with the victory. It was their first win over the Bruins since the 1983 NCAA Tournament and first triumph over the iconic program in Salt Lake City since 1928. “I’m just proud of the fact that we were able to close it out,” Krystkowiak said. “Even though it wasn’t pretty and it wasn’t as positive of an ending as it could have been, it’s a ‘W’ against a really good team that we had yet to have any success against in this league.” Before his postgame press conference, Krystkowiak reminded his players that this is why they wanted to be part of the Pac-12. He credited his team for working really hard and capping off a terrific week. The Utes defeated USC 84-66 on Thursday.

Back