• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

women's softball

Grizbeer

If UM is considering moving up to I-A (and I haven't made up my mind if it is a good idea) they will have to add more women's sports and scholarships, and softball makes sense to me as a sport to add (maybe they could use the new Civic Stadium).

Why I bring this up is if the Griz are considering making a change there may by a golden opportunity to bring Teresa Wilson over from UW. Sure there may be NCAA sanctions and she may have bent a few rules, but hey, UM doesn't have a medical school to get her in trouble, and I'm sure she has learned her lesson.

It is a proven fact that people in Missoula (and Montana) will support a winner that brings national recognition, and there is no doubt Wilson could deliver this. Imagine a new sport that competes for a national championship within a couple of years.

UM probably wouldn't even need to hire her as a coach right away - hire her as a consultant to investigate the feasibility to add the sport at UM. then after a year or 2, when all the UW crap blows over, if the Griz decide to move up to I-A, she is the coach of the newly added sport.

Of course if the Griz are not considering moving up the point is moot. If they are considering it, though, I hope we don't end wishing we had acted when we had the chance.

Here is an article on Wilson that gives some background on her.
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/sports/2001846117_blai29.html

how about Guys Golf, I sure would have played for the University of Montana if they had a program!

Back