• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

We are cooked

der graue Wolf

This last game vs. the Bobcats was a loss on the football field firstly, but secondly it signaled the collapse of UM as an institution, and western civilization generally.

While you guys saw what was on the field, let me tell you what was off it. The Bobcat player parking lot was Teslas, Rangerovers, at worst some Toyotas, but they were newer ones like 4Runners. Griz player parking lot? Hyundais, kias, some domestic hatchback or even worse. It hurts cause I love the Griz, but to see these swag of some of the bobcat rides, I couldn't help but feel we had lost our way and that everyone at the university should be fired: Bodnar, Haslam, Hauck, Decuire, Monte, and every coordinator or aspiring coach to ever set foot on campus.

Bozeman Town Pump: self checkout. Missoula Town Pump: uh see you in Bonner. While Bozeman's been adding convenient locations to get beer, food, snacks, and gas; it's telling that Missoula makes you go to Ole's or Noon's Food Stores. If you only open your eyes, the domination on the football field has seeped into every facet of our lives.

Ha! Fuck Bozeman...and I say that with an asterisk as my family is from there. My grandmother homesteaded the Gallatin valley when her family moved there when she was 6 years old. Don't be too busy keeping up with the Kardashians. Get back to what matters...when all those Teslas and Range Rovers shit the bed and there aren't any mechanics to fix them...they will all be wishing they drove Ford F-150's. Besides...FTC!!!

Give me blue collared Montana any day over Bozangles.

der graue Wolf said:
This last game vs. the Bobcats was a loss on the football field firstly, but secondly it signaled the collapse of UM as an institution, and western civilization generally.

While you guys saw what was on the field, let me tell you what was off it. The Bobcat player parking lot was Teslas, Rangerovers, at worst some Toyotas, but they were newer ones like 4Runners. Griz player parking lot? Hyundais, kias, some domestic hatchback or even worse. It hurts cause I love the Griz, but to see these swag of some of the bobcat rides, I couldn't help but feel we had lost our way and that everyone at the university should be fired: Bodnar, Haslam, Hauck, Decuire, Monte, and every coordinator or aspiring coach to ever set foot on campus.

Bozeman Town Pump: self checkout. Missoula Town Pump: uh see you in Bonner. While Bozeman's been adding convenient locations to get beer, food, snacks, and gas; it's telling that Missoula makes you go to Ole's or Noon's Food Stores. If you only open your eyes, the domination on the football field has seeped into every facet of our lives.

Move to Bozeman, and then we don't have to deal with your Bozeman loving ass!

der graue Wolf said:

There is a town pump on Brooks Street… If that's what you are worried about

While MSU is thriving right now, Bozeman has some really serious issues. Yes, all these people moving in with money but the ordinary person can no longer afford to live there. Where this all ends up will be interesting. I don't think it is good. The University is going to have to get creative in order to survive this. How do you hire coaches and professors and other staff needed when the wages are way below the cost of living?

This situation will catch up with Missoula eventually too. I don't think it will be as bad though.

Holy shit! They have self check and 4Runners in Bozeman? That’s super first class!

As an aside, I’ve always been confused by Tesla’s in areas where there’s no HOV benefit. What’s the point? All of my friends who have 3s and Ys hate them (they are actually bad build quality to be fair) but tolerate them just to drive in the HOV lane solo. It’s kind of an understood thing. The S is a nice model, I’ll give it that.

rocklobster said:
der graue Wolf said:

Move to Bozeman, and then we don't have to deal with your Bozeman loving ass!

Thanks for your kind suggestion Mr. Lobster sir, but I'd have to get a place with 12 roommates or squat in a camper around town and move once a week. A 1 BR studio in Bozeman goes for about $3,500/mo. these days, and maybe you can get by with that but I got a whole flock of children to care for.

der graue Wolf said:

Sounds like the NIL Collective is working :thumb:

bigsky33 said:
While MSU is thriving right now, Bozeman has some really serious issues. Yes, all these people moving in with money but the ordinary person can no longer afford to live there. Where this all ends up will be interesting. I don't think it is good. The University is going to have to get creative in order to survive this. How do you hire coaches and professors and other staff needed when the wages are way below the cost of living?

This situation will catch up with Missoula eventually too. I don't think it will be as bad though.

Bozeman has been a good place to have a family lumberyard for the past 7 decades. Big Sky and YC helped too. It supplies 70-75% of the materials up there.

bigsky33 said:

Bozeman has been a good place to have a family lumberyard for the past 7 decades. Big Sky and YC helped too. It supplies 70-75% of the materials up there.

bigsky33 said:

Bozeman has (I think) the highest cost of living yet the lowest median wage out of all of the large towns/cities in Montana. Jobs are primarily centered in the service industry. Makes living there for ordinary people pretty much impossible if they are not already established.

Fahque said:
bigsky33 said:

Bozeman has (I think) the highest cost of living yet the lowest median wage out of all of the large towns/cities in Montana. Jobs are primarily centered in the service industry. Makes living there for ordinary people pretty much impossible if they are not already established.

Tech company wages are very high in Bozeman area.

There's always this type of comparison:

https://nypost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/nypost.com/2022/11/23/ryan-leaf-roasts-jets-their-fans-after-zach-wilson-comparison/amp/?amp_gsa=1&amp_js_v=a9&usqp=mq331AQIKAGwASCAAgM%3D#amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&aoh=16692366335590&csi=0&referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fnypost.com%2F2022%2F11%2F23%2Fryan-leaf-roasts-jets-their-fans-after-zach-wilson-comparison%2F

Bozangeles is done as a nice Montana town. There are no geographic limits to keep it from sprawling to 3 forks, and besides, a river does NOT run through it. The obnoxiously filthy rich who move there can have it. I'll stay over here and watch the rivers flow.

Speaking of cooking, there is a huge line (50 carts) at the holiday food pickup line at Whole Foods in Chandler AZ now. Lots of time for egriz, tho.

mthoopsfan said:
Fahque said:

Tech company wages are very high in Bozeman area.

The tech wages are good however companies are having trouble attracting new employees because of the high home prices. Same with school teachers, police, fire and other municipal workers.

Latest posts

Back