• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Big Sky All Conf Teams

Can people stop complaining about us not having a first-team all conference OL now? :lol:

Congrats to all of our guys!

First team:

Mayginnes
Gubner
O’Connell
Ford
Hauck
Rohrback

Second Team:

Flink
Flowers

Third Team:

Forbes
Bergen

Honorable Mention:

Roberts
Grossman
Janacaro
Welnel

Hard to find room for everyone but I think Alford and Hill belong on a list as well. And Ostmo but I get that he didn’t get the bulk of the load until later.

For as much maligned as Idaho was on egriz they sure had a lot of players make All Big Sky on the offense side of the ball including two first team WR's....

Roberts deserved better.

My Nov. 5 post about the o-line:

"The Griz o-line is good or at least pretty good this year, despite not-so-good last week. There will be some post-season honors on the line."

GrizTexas said:
For as much maligned as Idaho was on egriz they sure had a lot of players make All Big Sky on the offense side of the ball including two first team WR's....
Hatten might be the best WR in FCS right now.

HookedonGriz said:
Hard to find room for everyone but I think Alford and Hill belong on a list as well. And Ostmo but I get that he didn’t get the bulk of the load until later.

I agree. Hill missed several games with his injury.

When some think Hauck only plays because of his dad, misses so many tackles, and is bad in pass coverage (according to some posters), how does he keep getting these honors?

mthoopsfan said:
HookedonGriz said:

When some think Hauck only plays because of his dad, misses so many tackles, and is bad in pass coverage (according to some posters), how does he keep getting these honors?

Inflated stats!

bigsky33 said:
mthoopsfan said:

Inflated stats!

Not inflated. Did cats get 4 first teamers, and Griz 6.

mthoopsfan said:
bigsky33 said:
Inflated stats!

The Cats had one of the top offenses in the whole FCS and only had one offensive player and no OL on the first team. Go figure. Goes to show that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Doesn't matter how many players you have on first team. It's your won lost record that counts.

bigsky33 said:
mthoopsfan said:

The Cats had one of the top offenses in the whole FCS and only had one offensive player and no OL on the first team. Go figure. Goes to show that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Doesn't matter how many players you have on first team. It's your won lost record that counts.

I hate that I agree with you…

PDXGrizzly said:
bigsky33 said:

I hate that I agree with you…

You could also argue that the Cat coaches put lesser athletes in positions to be successful.

HookedonGriz said:
First team:

Mayginnes
Gubner
O’Connell
Ford
Hauck
Rohrback

Second Team:

Flink
Flowers

Third Team:

Forbes
Bergen

Honorable Mention:

Roberts
Grossman
Janacaro
Welnel

:clap:

bigsky33 said:
mthoopsfan said:

This is hard to figure out every season...but, how the cats don't have a single 1st teamer o-lineman is crazy to me. They do have 3 total in the mix...all underclassmen. Potential for 3 in the coming years. Must be nice...

SoldierGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

This is hard to figure out every season...but, how the cats don't have a single 1st teamer o-lineman is crazy to me. They do have 3 total in the mix...all underclassmen. Potential for 3 in the coming years. Must be nice...
I mean, we did have 2 line men on the all-conference team, 1 of which was actually on the 1st team. Both of those guys are returning next season as are the younger guys like Casey, Brown, and Grimsrud. I would say that's positive!

Griz til I die said:
SoldierGriz said:
I mean, we did have 2 line men on the all-conference team, 1 of which was actually on the 1st team. Both of those guys are returning next season as are the younger guys like Casey, Brown, and Grimsrud. I would say that's positive!

Should go get that RT from UNC that just entered the portal to replace Walker.

Back