• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

A WTH from North Dakota State

Paytonlives said:
CatsRback said:
Turmoil within? This is surprising…

I read that one of the dudes said he was "Burned out" and needed a change

I believe it but Burned out from what, winning? I wonder how they run practices/ off-field stuff. Can too much winning be an issue? Game attendance is down, losing interest? Their slot Sproles entered the portal earlier this year..

I'm not putting too much stock in this as any sort of indictment of any team this year.

This is the year where the covid extra year of eligibility is going to fuck everything up across all of college football.

It's going to be crazy in a few weeks. I don't think any team is going to be immune.

CatsRback said:
Paytonlives said:
I read that one of the dudes said he was "Burned out" and needed a change

I believe it but Burned out from what, winning? I wonder how they run practices/ off-field stuff. Can too much winning be an issue? Game attendance is down, losing interest? Their slot Sproles entered the portal earlier this year..

Not talking smack. If you've ever played college football, you'd understand the burnout. The shit is a job, save Saturdays...but even then you're working on the weekend.

MontanaJack2006 said:
CatsRback said:

Not talking smack. If you've ever played college football, you'd understand the burnout. The shit is a job, save Saturdays...but even then you're working on the weekend.

They’re in the portal… they’re gunna go to another “job” not leave the “Industry”. I am curious why.

CatsRback said:
MontanaJack2006 said:

They’re in the portal… they’re gunna go to another “job” not leave the “Industry”. I am curious why.

Good point.

MontanaJack2006 said:
CatsRback said:

Good point.

All good, now it’s the why.. I’m not anyone who needs or deserves to know. But just curious. NDSU seems to be a cushy spot to be. New facilities, almost guaranteed championships, supportive fan base. To my knowledge those 3 had starter or near starter roles as well. So then my mind goes to culture issues, demanding practices, behind the scene ultimatums.

Or, they just wanna be closer to home, idk where they are from.

MontanaJack2006 said:
CatsRback said:

Tuesdays were the worst.

CatsRback said:
MontanaJack2006 said:

They live in Fargo, ND

mikegriz said:
CatsRback said:
They live in Fargo, ND
Good one. :thumb:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Out of idle (rude) curiosity, I looked them up.

Marques Sigle ... born in Omaha, Nebraska, graduated from HS there.
D. J. Hart ... born in the South, graduated from HS in Suwanee, Georgia.
Dominic Gonnella ... born in Kentucky, graduated from HS in Florida. Played in baseball development league for the Arizona Diamondback.

Prior to the ND game, NDSU lost a starting right tackle to injury and also lost their all everything FB Luepke to a shoulder injury. Sounds like the tackle is gone for the season and waiting on further information on Luepke.
NDSU has a history of next man up, which they’ve done better than anyone, but with the portal losses this week, I’m sure some positions might be getting thin.
First things first, beat SE Mo State!
Go Griz!

mikegriz said:
CatsRback said:

They live in Fargo, ND

Fargo isn’t…. “Horrible”…. But far from the top 100 places to live in America. Some people like that style and pace of livin’. But you aren’t totally wrong. That winter is different. But they are given warm milk and the trainers tell them they’re special. All inside a brand new indoor facility.

Back