• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Sac St Roll Call

grizare#1

I know this is about three weeks out but since its our next away game thought I would start this thread.
We are staying at a hotel next to the airport and will probably hire an uber to get to the game.
But first we need to have a rest and get after Idaho in two weeks.
GO GRIZ

4 of us from Butte. Flying out Friday, spending Friday night in Vegas, then onto Sac on Saturday. Then we’ll get up Sunday morning and drive down to Santa Clara for 49ers-Chiefs. Gonna be a busy, but eventful weekend.

Hoping to make it, my mom and uncle are going.

On another note, wouldn't recommend the Rodeway inn off of Power Inn rd, stayed for business this spring and wouldnt stay again. You get what you pay for though.

Griz til I die said:
4 of us from Butte. Flying out Friday, spending Friday night in Vegas, then onto Sac on Saturday. Then we’ll get up Sunday morning and drive down to Santa Clara for 49ers-Chiefs. Gonna be a busy, but eventful weekend.
Sounds like fun!! going to be a real snotnocker

Griz til I die said:
Sounds like fun!! going to be a real snotnocker

Griz til I die said:

Wow, you have a great trip coming.

My former Dartmouth teammate, whose son is a captain for the Vikings, just went, with his wife, to London for the Vikes game in Tottenham stadium, and then to Paris for a few days. Sone of his son’s $93 million contract seems to be spilling my friend’s way. The son paid off his parents’ mortgage too.

Griztrain said:
On another note, wouldn't recommend the Rodeway inn off of Power Inn rd, stayed for business this spring and wouldnt stay again. You get what you pay for though.

IMO anyone attending from out-of-town would be much better off staying in a hotel downtown or in midtown then commuting over to Hornet Stadium. It’s a less than a 8 mi trip and about 15 minutes away.

If you’re renting a car and want to stay in a more suburban rural area you could check out Folsom which is about 15-20 miles further East up HWY50, about a 30-35 minute drive to Sac State. Old town Folsom on a FRI night or SAT day/evening is a fun place to hang out.

The light rail system here in SAC runs from Folsom all along HWY50 to the downtown area, which passes by the campus, so that’s a travel option as well.

Another good hotel option right off HWY50 is the Sacramento Marriott Rancho Cordova (10 mi from the stadium) which is near Folsom and Light Rail as well.

Pretty much anywhere in Placer County (the foothills of the Sierra Nevada mountains, e.g., Rocklin, Roseville, Granite Bay, Loomis, Auburn) is a super nice place to stay, but much, much further away from campus.

Cool to see so many of you traveling out for this game. Every Hornets-MT game I’ve attended over the years the Griz fans have represented very well.

Back