• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

BSC Playoff Bids

AZGrizFan

DONOR
Stick a fork in Idaho State, UC Davis and Northern Arizona.

EWU is hanging by a thread, with Weber and Sac still on the menu. They are most likely toast.

CP still has Montana and Montana State left. With three losses they are toast.

PSU has Weber, Eastern Washington and Sac State left. Toast.

UNC may not win another game with what they have left.

Idaho has Montana, Sac, Eastern and Davis left. They’d have to go at worst 2-2 against that. That’s a tall order.

Looks like 4 playoff bids for BSC this year: UM, MSU, Weber and Sac.

EverettGriz said:
And all four may very well get seeds.

Until UM shows that ISU game was an anomaly I’m gonna worry pretty hard about our prospect for a seed. As of right now I’m penciling in losses to the three other playoff teams.

4 of the top 7 in coaches poll bsc.......we are still a solid 2 with the coaches.........two more weeks we very well could be sitting at number 1.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
EverettGriz said:

Until UM shows that ISU game was an anomaly I’m gonna worry pretty hard about our prospect for a seed. As of right now I’m penciling in losses to the three other playoff teams.

Thanks, Eeyore. :lol: :lol:

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

:lol: Sorry. I’m a worrywart, and that game gave me plenty of anxiety

Htowngriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Just need to clean up the mistakes, mental errors, etc. The talent is there.
My biggest concern is our pass defense against a really good passing team.

Htowngriz said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

kemajic said:
Htowngriz said:

Valid concern, but I suspect ISU doesn't have as much success moving the ball had Cotton and Walker played the entire game.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
EverettGriz said:

I’m sure you are.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
AZGrizFan said:

Well, the performance/scores from the OTHER four wins would lead one to believe that the ISU game WAS the anomaly….I guess we shall soon find out.

@Sac and @Weber are gonna be tough ones. Not as worried about EWU, Idaho and MSU.

kemajic said:
Htowngriz said:

i agree. if the griz play a solid team with an accurate qb and fast wide receivers, the long ball in particular could be an issue. also, while overall the defense has been pretty fabulous, there have been some decent runs against the griz, albeit mostly in the first half. i am very curious as to how the will react to better competition. one 'good' outcome from the isu game is that if anyone on the team was over-confident, they probably aren't any more.

argh! said:
kemajic said:

i agree. if the griz play a solid team with an accurate qb and fast wide receivers, the long ball in particular could be an issue. also, while overall the defense has been pretty fabulous, there have been some decent runs against the griz, albeit mostly in the first half. i am very curious as to how the will react to better competition. one 'good' outcome from the isu game is that if anyone on the team was over-confident, they probably aren't any more.

Well that team better have a terrific O-line that can consistently handle the frenetic blitzing defense too, because we’ve seen a shitload of “accurate” QB’s who suddenly aren’t so accurate when running for their lives or after about the 3-4th time of picking their asses up off the turf.

AZGrizFan said:
argh! said:

Well that team better have a terrific O-line that can consistently handle the frenetic blitzing defense too, because we’ve seen a shitload of “accurate” QB’s who suddenly aren’t so accurate when running for their lives or after about the 3-4th time of picking their asses up off the turf.

i agree with that, but this isn't grind-it-out football we are talking, but rather a 'hit for the fence' style of play. in college football especially, a long pass for a touchdown can inspire a team to play better in all phases of the game, making it more difficult for in this instance montana. but but but... if you can't get that one play off, the griz could hold you to no yards and no points. and a third string quarterback moving up the depth chart.

AZGrizFan said:
argh! said:

True statements. Their third string QB just overthrew a badly burned Robbie. He also was picking himself off the new turf several times and seemed to anticipate getting crunched after that.
I've stopped the playoff talk. So many times the Griz have stepped on their wanger, then things really go to hell.

argh! said:
AZGrizFan said:

i agree with that, but this isn't grind-it-out football we are talking, but rather a 'hit for the fence' style of play. in college football especially, a long pass for a touchdown can inspire a team to play better in all phases of the game, making it more difficult for in this instance montana. but but but... if you can't get that one play off, the griz could hold you to no yards and no points. and a third string quarterback moving up the depth chart.

I fully expect this team and defense (the way it’s designed) to give up 3-4 big chunk plays per game. But that may or may not translate to a lot of points. We saw a game where if not for a fumble through the end zone we’d have had a 35-6 lead with about 8 minutes to play. Don’t really think I’m ready to hit the panic button yet on an (allegedly) flawed Defense.

AZGrizFan said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:

Well, the performance/scores from the OTHER four wins would lead one to believe that the ISU game WAS the anomaly….I guess we shall soon find out.

@Sac and @Weber are gonna be tough ones. Not as worried about EWU, Idaho and MSU.

Silly griz fans..... :lol: :thumb:

poorgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Silly griz fans..... :lol: :thumb:

Well, they’ve done nothing to date that would make me feel any different.

Back