• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Is this the end of Touchdown Tommy?

Chambers has always been a very good running QB. His passing was where he would struggle greatly. Last night he threw really well, way above his norm. I’m not sure how much of that came down to UC Davis poor corner play but Chamber spun it well regardless. If he can throw like that moving forward, then he’s a better QB than Tommy hands down.

It's not the end of Touchdown Tommy. The Cats will need both guys. It's a long season and Cat QBs are expected to run the rock.

next man up. when they get infanse (sp?) back they are going to be a ground pounder....I would think that would only make them want a better passer which looks like chambers is.

wbtfg said:
mthoopsfan said:
Chambers looked good. Threw several terrific passes. Seems to be more durable.

Have you ever met anyone from Butte?

Yes, I probably know more people from Butte than you do. My wife’s dad and family grew up in Butte, next door to the Sweeneys. I knew Jim Sr. when he was at MSU. We were neighbors and Jim Jr was my high school qb and friend. My father in law from Butte is a member of the Western athletic hall of fame and Montana coaches hall of fame. My wife’s uncle, also a western hall of fame guy, roomed with Sunny Lubick. My wife’s other uncle, a butte guy, coached Marc Racicot at Carroll. My wife’s relative were coaches at Butte Central and Butte High. I played sports against the Butte schools. I know Colt A well enough to have attended his wedding.

Do you anyone from Butte? What’s ya got?

mthoopsfan said:
wbtfg said:
Have you ever met anyone from Butte?

Yes, I probably know more people from Butte than you do. My wife’s dad and family grew up in Butte, next door to the Sweeneys. I knew Jim Sr. when he was at MSU. We were neighbors and Jim Jr was my high school qb and friend. My father in law from Butte is a member of the Western athletic hall of fame and Montana coaches hall of fame. My wife’s uncle, also a western hall of fame guy, roomed with Sunny Lubick. My wife’s other uncle, a butte guy, coached Marc Racicot at Carroll. My wife’s relative were coaches at Butte Central and Butte High. I played sports against the Butte schools. I know Colt A well enough to have attended his wedding.

I was answering your initial question with a rhetorical question.

I'm glad you know so many people from butte. That should help you figure out the answer you're seeking.

wbtfg said:
mthoopsfan said:

I'm glad you know so many people from butte. That should help you figure out the answer you're seeking.

I was just asking a rhetorical question. I wasn’t seeking an answer. Based on only the last game, Chambers is the better answer.

mthoopsfan said:
wbtfg said:

I was just asking a rhetorical question. I wasn’t seeking an answer. Based on only the last game, Chambers is the better answer.

Agree. He looked pretty damn good against a defense that played well against Weber and SoDak Stte. Tommy was voted preseason first team all conference QB and he may not even be the best QB on the team. With as much as they both run, we'll need them both to play significant minutes.

wbtfg said:
mthoopsfan said:

Agree. He looked pretty damn good against a defense that played well against Weber and SoDak Stte. Tommy was voted preseason first team all conference QB and he may not even be the best QB on the team. With as much as they both run, we'll need them both to play significant minutes.
Sorry, but that was a bit of a farce from the get go. He had 3 games under his belt, against teams who had no time to gameplan for him. He’s now shown he’s not a good passer as of yet and is certainly not the BSC first team QB. If politics stays out of the decision, the starting job should go to chambers. He looks like he earned that.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
wbtfg said:
Sorry, but that was a bit of a farce from the get go. He had 3 games under his belt, against teams who had no time to gameplan for him. He’s now shown he’s not a good passer as of yet and is certainly not the BSC first team QB. If politics stays out of the decision, the starting job should go to chambers. He looks like he earned that.

TM vote was comical at best...

If wine guy starts the Griz win by 3 TDs. If Chambers starts the Griz win by 2. Chambers is better than vote buying wine guy. Tougher too.

#10 definitely looks better than anything I've seen from Tommie. It stands to reason why most homegrown QBs take some time to get used to passing in DI football. Not all, but a most of them. How many future FBS DBs/LBs did Tommie face in practice every day in HS? Did he face many in HS games? How many FBS DBs came from MT high schools? Did Tommie attend elite QB camps with stiff competition in the spring and summer of HS, or did he run track?

If you play QB in a highly competitive HS league, you most likely will have faced a lot of future FBS players, and likely multiple future P5 players. Even if you don't have FBS QB talent yourself, I think facing it makes a huge difference in how ready you are to be a good passer in college.

I'm surprised I have to remind you guys of this. Some short memories over here. Our backups are always better than our starters.

Back