• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Potential Big Injury

MTGRZ

Damn the new Nike cleats players like Harris and Bergen have been wearing. In the first game we saw multiple players including Harris slip a few times. I believe this was due to the cleats. In the game this past week against PSU we may have lost one of our biggest offensive weapons to an injury that I believe was due to his cleats.

With about 5:00 left in the 3rd quarter PSU punted the ball down the east side of the field. Bergen attempted to get the ball as it was heading out of bounds near the goal line. When he turned up field his left foot slipped, extending his leg out away from him further than he anticipated. The commentator even noticed that he was limping a bit as he trotted towards the sideline. I believe he slipped because of the new (not always better) cleats.

Bergen was in one more play that I could find after that slip, and he did not appear to be running hard. I could definitely be wrong, but I am afraid he will be lost for a few weeks. If I was the team I would hold him back for a minimum of four weeks. Hamstrings are notoriously difficult to return from-especially when you are a player like 5 and you rely on speed.

He seemed to be in good spirits during the post game presser, so hopefully it's nothing too big, but I am very afraid that we just lost one of our most important and versatile offensive weapons for a long time, and he may never be the same again this year. Heal up Bergen, we wish you the best.

Man there’s jumping to some conclusions and then there’s JUMPING to some conclusions. I saw him limping a bit too. Maybe they hold him out and then we have a bye week. I’m not sure I’d automatically assume he is pretty much done for the season. Let’s chill out a little and see how it plays out.

HookedonGriz said:
Man there’s jumping to some conclusions and then there’s JUMPING to some conclusions. I saw him limping a bit too. Maybe they hold him out and then we have a bye week. I’m not sure I’d automatically assume he is pretty much done for the season. Let’s chill out a little and see how it plays out.

images

HookedonGriz said:

EtlD5SXXMAAj05T

holy crap I think I saw someone blowing their nose pretty sure the whole team has covid and probably better cancel the season.....the post almost sounds too wacked not to be a joke so I will say good one.....

Griz are screwed. Better call a press conference so Bobby can answer injury questions from the very, very competent and professional reporters...

reinell30 said:
I thought there was a potential for injury every time you got in the game? LOL...

Not if you have the right cleats on. Bad, new cleats are Griz Kryptonite. Lots of limping.

In MT's defense, I was a little concerned we didn't see Bergen again after that play also. I hope that was just precautionary.

I read the first part of the post as saying the new cleats could cause a serious injury (that hasn't happened yet). It then took a turn.

Which reminds me: Hurricane Ian is pummeling the FL gulf coast. I saw a bit of maroon on the radar, so I'm worried that the storm might turn and come to Missoula next. WAGriz in shambles. When that happens, where do you guys think we'll play home games?

CDAGRIZ said:
I read the first part of the post as saying the new cleats could cause a serious injury (that hasn't happened yet). It then took a turn.

Which reminds me: Hurricane Ian is pummeling the FL gulf coast. I saw a bit of maroon on the radar, so I'm worried that the storm might turn and come to Missoula next. WAGriz in shambles. When that happens, where do you guys think we'll play home games?

When the surge hits the field we’ll be moving to the INFERNO….obviously!

CDAGRIZ said:

Don’t be ridiculous CDA.
WaGriz stadium was built out of concrete and steel specifically to withstand Hurricanes.

I was certain this “Potential Serious Injury” was going to be a reference to that shithole Holt Arena and the concrete pad they play on. That place is a fucking train wreck waiting to happen.

AZGrizFan said:
I was certain this “Potential Serious Injury” was going to be a reference to that shithole Holt Arena and the concrete pad they play on. That place is a f###[#] train wreck waiting to happen.
They replaced that several years ago. They have the same sprinturf used in Wash/Griz.

Grizzlies1982 said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Don’t be ridiculous CDA.
WaGriz stadium was built out of concrete and steel specifically to withstand Hurricanes.
All this time I thought it was to amplify the sound.

Back