• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Bracketology

fltheadgriz

Yes for some it is way too early to look at this, but it makes for some fine pondering.
Hate it that they have Bobs cats on the same region as the Griz but oh well.

https://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football/bracketology

fltheadgriz said:
Yes for some it is way too early to look at this, but it makes for some fine pondering.
Hate it that they have Bobs cats on the same region as the Griz but oh well.

scat/Griz 2.0, in Missoula, most likely under the lights (like EWU last year) is probably one of my dream scenarios for the playoffs with this bracket. Putting it to them TWICE would be amazing!

To me, if the Griz win out, which they will, they will host the loser of the NDSU/SDSU game in the playoffs.

The cats team def has 1 or 2 losses in them. After watching the EWU game. Their defense has taken big step back. And if they’re going to QB shuffle all season going to be hard to get momentum. Couple more games and teams are going to be shutting down QB dive 20 times a game.

If this bracket actually happens and we get matched with the Cats in the quarterfinals in Missoula, the atmosphere in Washington-Grizzly Stadium is going to be off the charts.

fltheadgriz said:
To me, if the Griz win out, which they will, they will host the loser of the NDSU/SDSU game in the playoffs.

I hope you are right, but @ Weber and @ Sac State are no easy games. Especially looking at what both did to FBS teams. Bad FCS teams - yes. How bad? Hard to tell. Hoping everyone stays healthy and we have no trap games.

What pisses me off about this entire conversation is i will not be able to attend either the 2nd nor the 3rd round of playoff games.

Also, it is interesting how heavily weighted the seeds are to the western side of the country.

AZGrizFan said:
What pisses me off about this entire conversation is i will not be able to attend either the 2nd nor the 3rd round of playoff games.

Also, it is interesting how heavily weighted the seeds are to the western side of the country.
I think that's a direct reflection on how many traditional FCS powers in the East have moved up to FBS. And before this comment triggers another "move up/not move up" thread...IMO, a lot of that is because of geography, there are simply more opportunities to move up in the east because more people mean more conferences. It's NOT the only reason, it's just one.

On a side note for many "move up" people on here, a higher population would give us more opportunities to move up, so some of you must accept some responsibility for not banging your wives enough to produce more children. Not you Mormons or old style Catholics (city of Butte, I'm looking at you guys), I know you've been doing your best. It's the rest of you that have been letting the Western US down.

AZGrizFan said:

Well at least you aren't having to deal with all the cancelled/delayed flights ... so far this year its been a bit of a challenge getting in and out of Missoula... hoping things settle down by playoff time!

Bahahahahaha....look at this latest bracketology...still have the Griz as one of the seeds but have the scats dropping out of seeding

fltheadgriz said:
Bahahahahaha....look at this latest bracketology...still have the Griz as one of the seeds but have the scats dropping out of seeding

I have a hard time believing that the committee would match Montana and Montana State in the 2nd round. I can't see us having to play the Cats back-to-back (with the bye in between of course). Switch MSU/UND matchup with New Hampshire/Sacred Heart and that looks better. I'd rather face MSU in the quarters than in the second round.

[/quote]
I have a hard time believing that the committee would match Montana and Montana State in the 2nd round. I can't see us having to play the Cats back-to-back (with the bye in between of course). Switch MSU/UND matchup with New Hampshire/Sacred Heart and that looks better. I'd rather face MSU in the quarters than in the second round.
[/quote]

It's been done in recent memory; in Snead's last year Griz smacked Weber state around in the second to last game, and then lost to Weber in the second round on a rainy Ogden day. Not quite back-to-back, but close to it. EWU played the Griz in the second round last year. That one was 6 weeks apart, but shows that the committee focus more on airplane costs than other forms of reasons.

get'em_griz said:
fltheadgriz said:

They would, because it's the fcs, and every decision ever is predicated on saving $317 so most of the programs don't go broke.

Misspells “Sacramento” every week. Sam Herder’s version on Hero Sports is superior in every way.

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
fltheadgriz said:

Guess I’m thanking my lucky stars the playoffs start in almost two months and not this week!

But yes, if they started this weekend, with Idaho state giving you you’re toughest game so far this entire season, you’d definitely have a great seed. :thumb:

Latest posts

Back