• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

My Favorite Early Season Stat

CDAGRIZ

DONOR
Is combined record/scoring of opponents already played. Our opponents have had their share of losses and are giving up a lot of points. Not only that, but after week one, our opponents were winless and getting out scored 47-0 on average. We had nothing to do with it.

It’s right up there with talking about how a bball outcome might’ve been different if the opponent had been “hitting their shots tonight.”

My favorite stat is that it looks like 4 weeks in, the Griz have scored the most points and given up the least amount of points.

colorful-cupcakes-against-white-background-49315796.jpg

poorgriz said:

Our opponents would have better records and scored more if we allowed them to score more points and win.

Point being, combined opponent records (the ones already played) don’t mean much this early when like 33% or 50% of their poor performances were against the Griz.

Edit: I needed to include a sarcasm tag in the thread title.

poorgriz said:

Four more of these and there'd be one for every tuddy Oregon State scored. Of course, I don't think there's that many colors available, so you'd have to double-up.

poorgriz said:

I'm confused... are you trying to give us a subliminal image of your sexual preference?
or
do you just like things you can shove in your mouth?

NOTE: If you come over here with that crap, expect to be hammered
But, I bet you are used to that

:lol:

EverettGriz said:
poorgriz said:

Four more of these and there'd be one for every tuddy Oregon State scored. Of course, I don't think there's that many colors available, so you'd have to double-up.

That's a good point. People forget that Montana State gave up 10 TDs in 60 minutes of play. TEN! How is it even possible to give up a touchdown every six minutes? I don't think you deserve to be taken seriously when you do that. That's grounds for a tarmac termination in some places. I get that nobody expected them to win, but losing a game even 43-3 wouldn't be a complete embarrassment like allowing any team to score 10 touchdowns.

CDAGRIZ said:
EverettGriz said:

That's a good point. People forget that Montana State gave up 10 TDs in 60 minutes of play. TEN! How is it even possible to give up a touchdown every six minutes? I don't think you deserve to be taken seriously when you do that. That's grounds for a tarmac termination in some places. I get that nobody expected them to win, but losing a game even 43-3 wouldn't be a complete embarrassment like allowing any team to score 10 touchdowns.

I have it on very good authority that DeBoer called Smith and told him, "You guys sure are fortunate to have gotten that 'other' Montana team. As you know, it would have taken my guys 600 minutes to score ten TDs against the GRIZ".

um's opponents have a combined 3-11 record. Those teams have been outscored 728-264 or an average of 52-19 per game. :thumb:

The.Real.2506 said:
um's opponents have a combined 3-11 record. Those teams have been outscored 728-264 or an average of 52-19 per game. :thumb:

But if the Griz were 0-4, their opponents would be a combined 7-7, and if the scores of all the games were reversed, the scoring would be much more even. That would mean the Griz would be better, somehow, right? But no, they had to go blow teams out to contribute to the combined record and lopsided scoring. What were they thinking?

Paytonlives said:
poorgriz said:

I'm confused... are you trying to give us a subliminal image of your sexual preference?
or
do you just like things you can shove in your mouth?

NOTE: If you come over here with that crap, expect to be hammered
But, I bet you are used to that

:lol:

PL from the top rope! :lol:

The.Real.2506 said:

Mcneese has one win, a close game against DII Miss College. They got trounced by Alcorn. Alcorn!! They got beat by 42 (42!!!) by Rice. Rice!! Who had lost by 52 the week prior.

Morehead gave up 63 to Mercer and lost handily to Stetson. Nothing further need said.

Oregon state state squeaked by a horrible bsu team and was fortunate as hell to beat fresno. And they scored 10 touchdowns. Ten. And were never stopped. Did I mention the ten tuddies?

It took a highly questionable call to gift a win vs 1-3 ewoo, who struggled to beat Tenn St. Tenn State!!!

msu has wins over teams with 4 DI wins, and they were all TERRIBLE teams. I truly don't think you should be crowing about SOS.

The.Real.2506 said:

And the teams the bubs have beaten are a combined 3-8. Do you have a point besides the one on top of your head?

Htowngriz said:
The.Real.2506 said:

And the teams the bubs have beaten are a combined 3-8. Do you have a point besides the one on top of your head?

And the teams NDSU has beaten are a combined 4-12. Such a ridiculous argument.

My new favorite stat will happen on Saturday night...it will be the over/under on how many cat posters are on here mouthing off after the Davis loss. I'm going with the opening line of 2.5.

AZDoc said:
My new favorite stat will happen on Saturday night...it will be the over/under on how many cat posters are on here mouthing off after the Davis loss. I'm going with the opening line of 2.5.

I’ll take the over!

AZGrizFan said:
Htowngriz said:

Especially considering the margin of victory in the games. It'd be one thing if we were just squeaking by these teams, but that obviously has not been the case.

Htowngriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Especially considering the margin of victory in the games. It'd be one thing if we were just squeaking by these teams, but that obviously has not been the case.

Someone needs to pull up the Sagarin Ratings for the teams...then look at point differential in comparison to said ratings. I have patients, otherwise I would.

Latest posts

Back