• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Alex Gubner Appreciation Thread

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Rewatched the game and man alive does Alex Gubner deserve some praise. He absolutely owns the line of scrimmage and blows up plays more times than not. He destroyed the OL in front of him all day long against PSU. He is the best nose in the conference and possibly in all of FCS.

Sure, but let's be honest: all that work clogging the LOS stuff has come at the expense of his INT numbers. Get those back where they belong and he'll be an All-American for certain.

Gubs is terrific and vastly underappreciated. Good post, Hooked.

HookedonGriz said:
Rewatched the game and man alive does Alex Gubner deserve some praise. He absolutely owns the line of scrimmage and blows up plays more times than not. He destroyed the OL in front of him all day long against PSU. He is the best nose in the conference and possibly in all of FCS.

I couldn’t agree more. When I get home from the game (usually after midnight) I watch the game specifically to break down the line play. I’m in awe of 99 every time!

HookedonGriz said:

Best d-lineman in conference, according to Bobby.

Ol and dl needs more recognition, need to start, GUB GUB GUB chant when he blows up ol of opposition, same with Hunter, Hunt, hunt, hunt, etc.

Need to make those guys stars!!

dbchamp said:
Ol and dl needs more recognition, need to start, GUB GUB GUB chant when he blows up ol of opposition, same with Hunter, Hunt, hunt, hunt, etc.

Need to make those guys stars!!

I really like this! Great idea! Let’s get it going!

Our growth in defense started with the big guy in the middle that can't be moved. He neutralizes double teams and gives the LBs advantaged tackle opportunities. Strong, strong man.

Word has got out about Alex Gubner's importance in this Griz defense, Gubner earned a nickname from Coach Barnum "Gube-meister".

quote=HookedonGriz post_id=1541680 time=1664220333 user_id=8812]
Rewatched the game and man alive does Alex Gubner deserve some praise.
[/quote]

Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Alex Gubner pajamas. :geek: :shock: :lol: :lol:

Proud Griz Man said:
Word has got out about Alex Gubner's importance in this Griz defense, Gubner earned a nickname from Coach Barnum "Gube-meister".

quote=HookedonGriz post_id=1541680 time=1664220333 user_id=8812]
Rewatched the game and man alive does Alex Gubner deserve some praise.

Some people wear Superman pajamas. Superman wears Alex Gubner pajamas. :geek: :shock: :lol: :lol:
[/quote]
Is this a good nickname? Bad nickname? Strange nickname? Or is it just that he stood out enough that the other teams coach, a man renowned for his wit, saw fit to anoint Alex with a nickname?

Back