• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Where are the Cats and griz four games in?

poorgriz

Since someone deleted that other thread for some strange reason, let’s resume the discussion. Cats learned a lot yesterday, mainly that they know how to find a way to win, on the road, against a tough opponent, in that shit hole stadium. They overcame adversity and won despite huge losses to key players… that will be coming back. That’s huge. It wasn’t pretty by any means, but it’s a W. Cats need to get some key players back, AND clean up some glaring issues, or they won’t win the conference. I think they can. OL has been a crazy good surprise, they move people, and they’re all Sophomores. griz look super tough, but I maintain they haven’t faced a really good team yet. First challenge MIGHT be Idaho? If not, playing AT Sac, AT Weber, and AT MSU……. I don’t care who ya are, those gunna be tough.

poorgriz said:
Since someone deleted that other thread for some strange reason, let’s resume the discussion. Cats learned a lot yesterday, mainly that they know how to find a way to win, on the road, against a tough opponent, in that shit hole stadium. They overcame adversity and won despite huge losses to key players… that will be coming back. That’s huge. It wasn’t pretty by any means, but it’s a W. Cats need to get some key players back, AND clean up some glaring issues, or they won’t win the conference. I think they can. OL has been a crazy good surprise, they move people, and they’re all Sophomores. griz look super tough, but I maintain they haven’t faced a really good team yet. First challenge MIGHT be Idaho? If not, playing AT Sac, AT Weber, and AT MSU……. I don’t care who ya are, those gunna be tough.

You are delusional. Watched most of the game yesterday on the turf from hell. Cats are ONE dimensional. Have a defense that is like a sieve and only won the game because EWU shot themselves in the damn foot. EWU is terrible. If you think that is a championship team, then you have you embraced the legalization of cannibus. Weber, Sac State - yep. They have a shot. The Griz have dominated every damn opponent. The Can’ts have zero passing game. You think they are going to beat the Griz. Do tell and toke on dude.

Copper Griz said:
poorgriz said:

You are delusional. Watched most of the game yesterday on the turf from hell. Cats are ONE dimensional. Have a defense that is like a sieve and only won the game because EWU shot themselves in the damn foot. EWU is terrible. If you think that is a championship team, then you have you embraced the legalization of cannibus. Weber, Sac State - yep. They have a shot. The Griz have dominated every damn opponent. The Can’ts have zero passing game. You think they are going to beat the Griz. Do tell and toke on dude.

I don't think the Cats beat the Griz this year, unless they get healthy & the Griz don't. Cats don't need a passing game to beat the Griz Copper, but it sure would help. Look at the 4 game streak - no much passing..... Griz look terrific - can't wait to see them at Sac.

Bear Spray said:
Copper Griz said:

I don't think the Cats beat the Griz this year, unless they get healthy & the Griz don't. Cats don't need a passing game to beat the Griz Copper, but it sure would help. Look at the 4 game streak - no much passing..... Griz look terrific - can't wait to see them at Sac.

Y’all said that last year too. How’d that turn out for ya?

Bear Spray said:
Copper Griz said:

The Cats will need to pass to beat this Griz defense. It's a whole different beast than 4-5 years ago.

According to the analytics the Griz are much better 4 games in.
Sagarin has the Griz rated 59th in all college football... bozeman state is 138.
Massey has the Griz at 2nd in the FCS...bozeman state 7th.

http://sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm
https://masseyratings.com/cf/fcs/ratings

**curiously having preseason All-Big sky quarterback "touchdown" tommy merlot who "took the nation by storm" on the roster doesn't seem to be helping bozeman's state's rankings...

poorgriz said:

You should sell those rose colored glasses on the internet. You could make a killing. Hey, you could get Jim Mora to be your spokesperson!

Bear Spray said:
Copper Griz said:

Bear Spray,
Your post is respectful and realistic. I, like others on the board, don’t believe the Cats can be one dimensional and win. They just don’t have the horses they used to. Especially on Defense. Choate recruited well and hit the Griz when they were down. Bobby has all the cylinders firing and the defense is ridiculously good. Injuries - yes they could be a factor. We will wait and see. I actually feel bad for Cat fans. Way too many injuries this year and that is frustrating. Griz fans know what that is all about after last year. Seriously - EWU did not look good. They are in trouble as a program. They have slid way backward. Possibly the worst team they have fielded in the past ten years. They look really bad in so many areas. Cats are likely going to experience what the Griz did when Bobby left. Down years and takes a while turn the program around.

Copper Griz said:
Bear Spray said:

Bear Spray,
Your post is respectful and realistic. I, like others on the board, don’t believe the Cats can be one dimensional and win. They just don’t have the horses they used to. Especially on Defense. Choate recruited well and hit the Griz when they were down. Bobby has all the cylinders firing and the defense is ridiculously good. Injuries - yes they could be a factor. We will wait and see. I actually feel bad for Cat fans. Way too many injuries this year and that is frustrating. Griz fans know what that is all about after last year. Seriously - EWU did not look good. They are in trouble as a program. They have slid way backward. Possibly the worst team they have fielded in the past ten years. They look really bad in so many areas. Cats are likely going to experience what the Griz did when Bobby left. Down years and takes a while turn the program around.

The past 4-5 years (2015-2019) was a perfect storm against the Griz. But Aaron Best was NOT a good hire for EWU. And the new MSU coach is in the same vein. Lots of success with PREVIOUS coaches’ recruits…but unable to refill/reload. Meanwhile, Bobby has the Griz humming on all cylinders. Shits getting back to normal, the standings are in their rightful order, and the Beagles and ‘Scats can settle back and get ready for another decade of Griz domination. :thumb:

Bear Spray said:
Copper Griz said:

This team is miles better than any of the ones you beat during the "streak" (lmao). By the time the brawl rolls around you'll realize the hurt you're in for this year.

So far the Griz are 50% better this year, and the Cats are 33% worse, with all their running backs injured. It’s early in the season.

The last decade or so has been good for the rivalry. Bob fans were led to believe they could somehow be like the Griz as a program someday. Griz made improvements; Bobs made 7/8ths style improvements. Angry Fan probably even stopped punching walls for a bit. It gave them hope, and it was cute. I just hope they will stick around this time instead of pretending not to care like they did for a quarter century.

AZGrizFan said:
Copper Griz said:
Bear Spray,

The past 4-5 years (2015-2019) was a perfect storm against the Griz. But Aaron Best was NOT a good hire for EWU. And the new MSU coach is in the same vein. Lots of success with PREVIOUS coaches’ recruits…but unable to refill/reload. Meanwhile, Bobby has the Griz humming on all cylinders. Shits getting back to normal, the standings are in their rightful order, and the Beagles and ‘Scats can settle back and get ready for another decade of Griz domination. :thumb:

Gotta get past Weber first. This has been our conference over the last few years. :thumb:

WILDCATFAN said:
AZGrizFan said:

Gotta get past Weber first. This has been our conference over the last few years. :thumb:

You guys and Sac have also been the beneficiaries of this perfect storm. Storm is over now.

The cats and Griz are probably at home right now. School tomorrow. Might be studying. But certainly bed soon.

AZGrizFan said:
WILDCATFAN said:

You guys and Sac have also been the beneficiaries of this perfect storm. Storm is over now.

Im sure it has more to do with the quality coaching hires by both schools.

CDAGRIZ said:
The last decade or so has been good for the rivalry. Bob fans were led to believe they could somehow be like the Griz as a program someday. Griz made improvements; Bobs made 7/8ths style improvements. Angry Fan probably even stopped punching walls for a bit. It gave them hope, and it was cute. I just hope they will stick around this time instead of pretending not to care like they did for a quarter century.

You used to be funny & intelligent. What happened? Did you mom make you move out of the basement?

Bear Spray said:
CDAGRIZ said:

You used to be funny & intelligent. What happened? Did you mom make you move out of the basement?

You've never been either funny or intelligent. I guess that means you're still living in that room over the garage at Mom's.

Back