• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Why

It seemed like a catch by the EWU reciever and then the ball came out while he was laying on the ground.

EWU got took if you ask me

WILDCATFAN said:
It seemed like a catch by the EWU reciever and then the ball came out while he was laying on the ground.

100%. It was a catch.

WILDCATFAN said:

I have to agree. This is one game where I truly don't favor one team over the other (I wish both could lose) but I have to say that I can't imagine that you could review the video and make the call they did. They are the experts though.

CDAGRIZ said:
WILDCATFAN said:

100%. It was a catch.

I might head back to espn+ and check it out. What part of the game did it occur? Sounds like late in the 4th?

grizfan406 said:
CDAGRIZ said:
100%. It was a catch.

I might head back to espn+ and check it out. What part of the game did it occur? Sounds like late in the 4th?

About 3 minutes ish left in 4th. The issue is, they called it an INT on the field, so they had to have conclusive proof that it wasn't. The knee down wasn't the main thing to look at, it was if he had possession of the ball. That is what I believe they couldn't tell. Again, not saying one way or the other, just saying that is what was called on the field.

I didn’t get the call they made. To me it’s either a catch because the player has the ball in his stomach knees and torso down or it was incomplete. I don’t get how they rule the INT.

EWU killed themselves tho. They held the cats and than next play turn the ball over in their own red zone. Killed themselves. The cats should have lost twice.

The cats get more lucky breaks than any other team in America. Whether it’s playoff draws, higher seeded teams losing out gifting them additional home games, and even certain calls in a game. I wish we had the luck they’ve had the past few years.

BadlandsGrizFan said:
I didn’t get the call they made. To me it’s either a catch because the player has the ball in his stomach knees and torso down or it was incomplete. I don’t get how they rule the INT.

EWU killed themselves tho. They held the cats and than next play turn the ball over in their own red zone. Killed themselves. The cats should have lost twice.

If they don't believe he had possession through the catch, then it would be an interception as the ball never hit the ground.

I agree, EWU can complain about the pick, but if they don't fumble on 1st and 10 with 3 minutes left, they most likely win.

HelenaHandBasket said:
BadlandsGrizFan said:

If they don't believe he had possession through the catch, then it would be an interception as the ball never hit the ground.

I agree, EWU can complain about the pick, but if they don't fumble on 1st and 10 with 3 minutes left, they most likely win.

I’m watching the 25ish replays they showed on the broadcast, I really thought the delay was because they were going to call it incomplete. Seemed like a case could be made that the ball hit the ground right when the receiver went down. If not, it’s a catch. It’s not a pick 2 seconds later. I agree that a pick was better for EWU and agree that EWU lost more so that MSU won.

CDAGRIZ said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

I’m watching the 25ish replays they showed on the broadcast, I really thought the delay was because they were going to call it incomplete. Seemed like a case could be made that the ball hit the ground right when the receiver went down. If not, it’s a catch. It’s not a pick 2 seconds later. I agree that a pick was better for EWU and agree that EWU lost more so that MSU won.

Well, an incompletion would have had the same impact as the interception.

HelenaHandBasket said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Well, an incompletion would have had the same impact as the interception.

Save for the better field position an incompletion would’ve given MSU because it was 4th down.

The.Real.2506 said:
Not a catch, he didn't maintain control through contact with the ground.

He did, but live your dream. Even in that, it would be an incomplete pass. BSC.

The.Real.2506 said:

Correct, this guys gets it. If he had control of the ball THROUGHOUT getting tackled to the ground, then how did the ball end up in Cat hands? Lol. Watch it real time, any numb nutz that think it was a catch. As for the refs….. Cats absolutely got effed all night with holding non calls.

I'll point this out, because it is important, what we see for TV reviews aren't what the BSC officials see on review. My understanding, similar to last year, is that reviews come from only one side of the field and one or both endzones. Because of the happy-horseshit facilities in the conferences (some schools don't have wiring/tech for opposite sideline), it was the only way to guarantee the review process was equitable in all conference games. Unless things have changed, there is absolute no way they could have confirmed "possession" or "No possession" based upon the tech rules they had last year. You couldn't see the ball in any TV angle that would have confirmed possession. My hunch because we didn't have a confirmation live and I didn't listen to the post game, was that they couldn't overturn the call based upon what they had, which wouldn't be the first time in the conference over the past two years that happened.

poorgriz said:
The.Real.2506 said:

Correct, this guys gets it. If he had control of the ball THROUGHOUT getting tackled to the ground, then how did the ball end up in Cat hands? Lol. Watch it real time, any numb nutz that think it was a catch. As for the refs….. Cats absolutely got effed all night with holding non calls.

It was a catch. Just be happy for the lucky break.

CDAGRIZ said:
poorgriz said:

It was a catch. Just be happy for the lucky break.

The Bobcat player ripped it out of his hands when he was on the ground(already down) and it even hit the ground after he picked it up. It was the worst call in all of football history. Viggy be suggin some reffy diggy.. only explanation.

Back