• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Hauck contract extension

getgrizzy

I hear they’re working on it. With extras it’ll pay around $750,000/yr and keep him here until 2030.

If we could have kept Hauck here beyond 09 we would more than likely had another national title in the glass case, hope they get it done.

Nice work if true. Can’t wait to hear about the Sixx lobbyists over yonder complaining. We’ve read this book before.

Through 2030, that must mean the BOR is going to start allowing contracts longer then 4 years. That’s some good money too! Hopefully it works out!

AZGrizFan said:
Dare I say it? Dare I?

That’s approaching MWC coach $$….

How dare you sir, we surely don’t have the money for such things at our little small town college. 😉

Wolf777 said:
AZGrizFan said:
Dare I say it? Dare I?

That’s approaching MWC coach $$….

How dare you sir, we surely don’t have the money for such things at our little small town college. 😉

Yes, we do, and stop calling me Shirley! :twisted: :twisted:

Now let's get Bobby his first National Championship and then we can start on the next Eight.

CDAGRIZ said:
Nice work if true. Can’t wait to hear about the Sixx lobbyists over yonder complaining. We’ve read this book before.

Nah... that's not factual information anyway. I suppose there's a chance it could approach close to that figure if he hits EVERY incentive, including all academic stuff, undefeated season, winning the chipper, etc... but that's not likely. Not the total number figure I'm hearing anyway.

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

Nah... that's not factual information anyway. I suppose there's a chance it could approach close to that figure if he hits EVERY incentive, including all academic stuff, undefeated season, winning the chipper, etc... but that's not likely. Not the total number figure I'm hearing anyway.

Doesn't change the fact that the Baby Back Bobs will say Sixx deserves the same, just like before. I guess this time it won't be as pathetic because at least Sixx had one (1) winning season.

getgrizzy said:
I hear they’re working on it. With extras it’ll pay around $750,000/yr and keep him here until 2030.

Buried in the contract language does it state if he gets to pick the #37 jersey recipient every season?
(Too soon? :roll: )

poorgriz said:
CDAGRIZ said:

I like Bobby as the coach of the Griz. But in 2019 UM faculty salaries were way below MSU and Tech and even lower on average than MSU-B. If his salary is $750k that will be almost double that of Bodnar. UM salaries including staff and faculty are way below the regional average also. It would have to have a ton of incentives to get anywhere near that. I mean honestly would it be better to keep Bobby 2 or 3 more years and if he decides he needs a bigger check let him go and bring in someone young like Shann Schllinger? Bobby will be 60 in a couple years and a lot of his key assistants are probably pretty close to calling it quits too. The Griz are pretty close to needing an infusion of younger coaches. Shann by the time would have spent time in the NFL, an assistant at Nebraska and now time in the SEC. The connections he has with Montana plus those experiences would make him a perfect candidate. If we wait until 2030 it will probably be too late. Once again i am a Bobby supporter but something to think about.

UncleRico said:
poorgriz said:

I like Bobby as the coach of the Griz. But in 2019 UM faculty salaries were way below MSU and Tech and even lower on average than MSU-B. If his salary is $750k that will be almost double that of Bodnar. UM salaries including staff and faculty are way below the regional average also. It would have to have a ton of incentives to get anywhere near that. I mean honestly would it be better to keep Bobby 2 or 3 more years and if he decides he needs a bigger check let him go and bring in someone young like Shann Schllinger? Bobby will be 60 in a couple years and a lot of his key assistants are probably pretty close to calling it quits too. The Griz are pretty close to needing an infusion of younger coaches. Shann by the time would have spent time in the NFL, an assistant at Nebraska and now time in the SEC. The connections he has with Montana plus those experiences would make him a perfect candidate. If we wait until 2030 it will probably be too late. Once again i am a Bobby supporter but something to think about.
We would be wise to keep Bobby as long as he wants to coach at Montana.

Spanky2 said:
UncleRico said:

Hell no! If Bobby wants to retire at UM He should be kept around at all costs. It is totally normal for head football coaches to be the highest paid employee at a university. That is the norm. And what Bobby has done in 4 years is remarkable. He took the program and breathed life back into it. We tried the new blood approach and it didn’t work out so well. Honestly the heir apparent is either pease or rosy if Bobby ever hangs it up. And he’s got enough guys in his system right now that are capable that it wouldn’t surprise me if one of them takes a new gig soon. I honestly thought we were losing pease to Idaho. He is a hell of a coach. We also have phen on staff now to backfill if needed. We are loaded in regard to coaching staff. They all should be some of the most well compensated employees on campus. They are the real money makers at our university.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
Spanky2 said:

Hell no! If Bobby wants to retire at UM He should be kept around at all costs. It is totally normal for head football coaches to be the highest paid employee at a university. That is the norm. And what Bobby has done in 4 years is remarkable. He took the program and breathed life back into it. We tried the new blood approach and it didn’t work out so well. Honestly the heir apparent is either pease or rosy if Bobby ever hangs it up. And he’s got enough guys in his system right now that are capable that it wouldn’t surprise me if one of them takes a new gig soon. I honestly thought we were losing pease to Idaho. He is a hell of a coach. We also have phen on staff now to backfill if needed. We are loaded in regard to coaching staff. They all should be some of the most well compensated employees on campus. They are the real money makers at our university.

"Hell no! If Bobby wants to retire at UM He should be kept around at all costs." If the Griz continue to play in the Big Sky and FCS there has to be a realistic salary. $750k out of a revenue of $8 million is probably too much. NDSU Head Coach Mat Entz just got a bump up to $397,000. Bobby has been great no doubt but there is a reason highly successful FCS coaches move up for big paychecks just like Bobby did. Nothing against Pease and Rosy but I think it is pretty evident since Bobby came back that the defensive unit has been the most dominant unit. Shann was a big part of that. Hence why he is now coaching in the SEC.

Back