• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Travel to away games

grizare#1

So recently retired and would like to take in some away games that would require flights. Im old school and hate to use the internet for buying tickets but maybe that is all there is nowadays. Are there any known flights out of Missoula that are regular charter flights so to speak with the team. Or a local travel agent that anyone uses.
Thanks in advance.

grizare#1 said:
So recently retired and would like to take in some away games that would require flights. Im old school and hate to use the internet for buying tickets but maybe that is all there is nowadays. Are there any known flights out of Missoula that are regular charter flights so to speak with the team. Or a local travel agent that anyone uses.
Thanks in advance.

Don't be afraid of technology man!

grizare#1 said:
Thanks in advance.

Congratulations on your retirement #1.

And no, typically no fan charters for away games, other than playoffs and NCs.

Booking airfare online is easy-peasy and safe

Yes, you need to use the internet. Travel agents charge fees per booking. But if you don't care, any travel agent can do this. Airlines often charge a fee for calling in, but not for online booking. The Delta, United, and Alaska Air websites are easy to use. The away games are fun. The visiting crowd is full of fun people. I attended 3 away games last season.

I like to start with googleflights.com. All of the fights are shown, except Southwest. You can get the big picture, and see if there are any price differences. Then go to the airline site you want.

Some online booking and buying is not completely easy, but simple flight booking on airlines is pretty easy.

Going to Pocatello. It's all of 37 miles farther than Missoula for us. No planes needed.

alabamagrizzly said:
If you’re going to Indiana St, maybe I’ll see you there. I’ll be wearing Griz gear😎.
We were going to go to meet the son-in-law's family coming up from Nashville. Unfortunately, some conflicts are keeping us home, but they will be there in very bright Griz gear. Darrin runs the Griz/cat satellite party in Nashville for the Brawl.

I already bought my tickets for Idaho State and the cats (yes, I’m one of those Griz fans willing to tough it out). I’m also looking into going to Sac State. I’ll take a closer look at it this week and see if I can pull it off.

kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:
If you’re going to Indiana St, maybe I’ll see you there. I’ll be wearing Griz gear😎.
We were going to go to meet the son-in-law's family coming up from Nashville. Unfortunately, some conflicts are keeping us home, but they will be there in very bright Griz gear. Darrin runs the Griz/cat satellite party in Nashville for the Brawl.

That’s cool he does that and unfortunate you won’t be able to meet them. So far we’ve been able to go to every Griz game in the area since we moved down here in 2010. By “in the area” I mean anything w/in a days drive. Hoping to finally see them win a game. I host the Griz/Cat game here in Huntsville but it’s only my wife and daughter that attend in my living room😎.

Thanks guys, will do the online thing. Hope to go to Indiana, Sac and may drive to Webster State🤣
Hopefully see ya there!!!

grizare#1 said:
Thanks guys, will do the online thing. Hope to go to Indiana, Sac and may drive to Webster State🤣

Anyone going to the Indiana St game, Charlie’s Pub and Grub looks like a real good place to eat. Me and my wife will be there fri night in all our Griz gear. Supposedly they’ll have a live band in their beer garden. Maybe we’ll see some more maroon and silver there😁.

kemajic said:
alabamagrizzly said:
Ahh yes Darrin is a good guy. Chat with him every year at the watch party!

alabamagrizzly said:
grizare#1 said:

Anyone going to the Indiana St game, Charlie’s Pub and Grub looks like a real good place to eat. Me and my wife will be there fri night in all our Griz gear. Supposedly they’ll have a live band in their beer garden. Maybe we’ll see some more maroon and silver there😁.

A wedding is keeping us from making the drive unfortunately. Say hi to Larry Bird for me!

"Mr. Kelly’s tool of choice for scoring cheap airfare is Google Flights. With this web tool, he plugs in travel dates and destinations and then toggles on the option to track prices and receive email updates as soon as the airfare plummets. Then he buys the tickets directly through the airline."

NY Times article today.

Back