• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Last Stitt

grizzliesthetics

DONOR
The Stitt stain will finally be cleaned after this season. Welnel and Flowers are the last remaining. Coach H may not be happy with the last remaining Stitt alum getting the legacy #?

What an incredibly stupid way to look at it, especially considering Jace Lewis was recruited by Stitt.

grizzliesthetics said:
The Stitt stain will finally be cleaned after this season. Welnel and Flowers are the last remaining. Coach H may not be happy with the last remaining Stitt alum getting the legacy #?

Apologies I was pretty sure that would come off as satire; poking fun at all the conspiracies. Poe's law I guess.

grizzliesthetics said:
grizzliesthetics said:

Apologies I was pretty sure that would come off as satire; poking fun at all the conspiracies. Poe's law I guess.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

100%. This site is Poe's Law personified. Sorry for jumping down your throat. :oops:

I hear Bobby keeps in his pocket a gnarled piece of mandrake root that resembles Stitt. He pokes pins in it. There's even a tiny green hat.

griz4life said:
I hear Bobby keeps in his pocket a gnarled piece of mandrake root that resembles Stitt. He pokes pins in it. There's even a tiny green hat.
Actually, BH is thankful to Stitt. It was Stitt's performance that got him his job back at UM.

I bet Bobby doesn’t spend 30 seconds a month thinking about Bob Stitt or the horse he rode in on.

Y’all’s obsession with a guy who isn’t even coaching anymore (and hasn’t in 3 years) is borderline weird…..

Griz til I die said:
BigSkyBears said:
Anyone know where Stitt is coaching? Or is he done?
I’m pretty sure he works in like IT or something in Denver.

Yeah, no. He has marketed his Athlete IQInsight product for sports performance and business performance. He’s still around the game, just not in an official coaching manner.

AZGrizFan said:
Y’all’s obsession with a guy who isn’t even coaching anymore (and hasn’t in 3 years) is borderline weird…..
Obsession? I've seen little mention of the dude for many months prior to this thread.

kemajic said:
AZGrizFan said:
Obsession? I've seen little mention of the dude for many months prior to this thread.

It’s hard to forget about the worst head coach we’ve had in the last 40 years. Granted we’ve had a lot of real good coaches in that time so that might not say much but he definitely lowered the curve.

Yeah, its been a spell, but ya gotta go back farther to get to the real underperforming coaches, based only on winning percentage. Still was .583. Ya gotta go back to the days of Larry Donovan(.403) and Gene Carlson(.390). Even Jack Swarthout 'only' had a .554 average. But, then again, he had two National Championship games in '69 and '70. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know the story line behind those two games.

Its hard to believe that just 46 years ago our Griz hired a successful high school coach to lead our Griz. Gawd, a bush league move, or by todays standards, a Frontier Conference move. The lesson has been lost on a few, though. UNLV did it after Bobby, and ISU is doing so THIS year.

“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” -- Winston Churchill

3-7-77 said:
Yeah, its been a spell, but ya gotta go back farther to get to the real underperforming coaches, based only on winning percentage. Still was .583. Ya gotta go back to the days of Larry Donovan(.403) and Gene Carlson(.390). Even Jack Swarthout 'only' had a .554 average. But, then again, he had two National Championship games in '69 and '70. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know the story line behind those two games.

Its hard to believe that just 46 years ago our Griz hired a successful high school coach to lead our Griz. Gawd, a bush league move, or by todays standards, a Frontier Conference move. The lesson has been lost on a few, though. UNLV did it after Bobby, and ISU is doing so THIS year.

“Those that fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” -- Winston Churchill
I watched Stitt and Larry Donovan ( and I'm not talking about how much Larry helped with getting the weirdest named stadium in the US built), Donovan was lost in space. When Coach Read came in one of his first questions was "why were they playing 4 safeties?" It took exactly one year to take the exact same players (didn't have to get "his own guys") and make them winners. One year Larry ran a triple option with Brent Pease on the sideline, Brent turned out okay at throwing the rock.
My biggest problems with Stitt were that he refused to wear Maroon which is a character flaw (watch a Bobcat game if you think I'm wrong.) The second was that he didn't seem to really believe what he preached, we started punting, trying FG and most importantly not getting to pumpkin down the field. He didn't seem to have the conviction and maybe caved in to "booster" pressure.

3-7-77 said:

Texas tech too.

Back