• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Weber State

hm.grwn.grizfan

DONOR
I am going to the Weber state game and am wondering if I need to get my tickets well in advance or if they typically have plenty at the gate. Insight anyone? Also wondering where to stay for the best experience both for gameday and for enjoying Ogden afterwards (food and such). I have kids and don’t drink so looking for more family friendly environments rather than bar scene. Thank you!

Been to a few games there. The tickets they give visitor fans are on the Griz side of the field, 30ish yard line, and as close as the first row. I’d just get those - UM athletics has an allotment. It’s the side that’s cut into the mountain and you’ll be with 1000’s of Griz fans. Don’t get tickets in the first 3 rows though as those are low to the field and you’ll be staring at the back of the teams heads and won’t see a portion of the field.

BWahlberg said:
Been to a few games there. The tickets they give visitor fans are on the Griz side of the field, 30ish yard line, and as close as the first row. I’d just get those - UM athletics has an allotment. It’s the side that’s cut into the mountain and you’ll be with 1000’s of Griz fans. Don’t get tickets in the first 3 rows though as those are low to the field and you’ll be staring at the back of the teams heads and won’t see a portion of the field.

Thanks for the info Brint. When and where do I get those allotted tickets? At the game or gogriz website?

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
BWahlberg said:

Thanks for the info Brint. When and where do I get those allotted tickets? At the game or gogriz website?

Before the game! Reach out to the ticket office here (you may have to call them, not sure if you can find it on GrizTix). They’ll send you your tickets direct. At least - that was my experience.

I've been to a few Cat games including last year, and there's never been any issues with tickets. We were correctly told just walk up before the game and buy the cheap GA, and then sit wherever you want. Unfortunate that such a quality program can sell that place out.

Side note: try to find the Weber State Shamin. Can't miss him. He's likes sitting near the opposing fans and he's rather humorous with his trash talk. I looked back when it was clear the Cats were going to sneak out with a win, and his depression was gut wrenching. I still chuckle when I think about it.

MikeyGriz said:
Depression as deep as the bobkitty Walk of Shame?
Hard to say. I'm having a hard time remembering the last time the Gris beat the Cats in Bozeman.

ABQCat said:
MikeyGriz said:
Hard to say. I'm having a hard time remembering the last time the Gris beat the Cats in Bozeman.

It’s the meth. Screws with people’s memories.

ABQCat said:
I've been to a few Cat games including last year, and there's never been any issues with tickets. We were correctly told just walk up before the game and buy the cheap GA, and then sit wherever you want. Unfortunate that such a quality program can sell that place out.

Side note: try to find the Weber State Shamin. Can't miss him. He's likes sitting near the opposing fans and he's rather humorous with his trash talk. I looked back when it was clear the Cats were going to sneak out with a win, and his depression was gut wrenching. I still chuckle when I think about it.

Just couldn't resist...."Unfortunate that such a quality program can sell that place out." Maybe, just maybe, its because the scats are in town. Duh!

There, got it outa my system. I've been to many scat games there, as well as many Griz and BenGal games. You are right, buy GA and sit wherever. I've never seen anything near a sellout. Probably due to UU, USU, and BYU proximity. You may want to sit in the East Stands if its an afternoon game, as the view the Great Salt Lake is good. All the traffic in and out of Salt Lake Airport is free for the view, as well as any fighter aircraft from Hill AFB.

They do have one little quirk.....you leave to visit tailgaters, you have to buy another ticket to get back it. Thats Weber!

ABQCat said:
MikeyGriz said:
The cats currently have a whopping two game home winning streak against the Griz. Before that we put the boots to you in Bozeman 54-35, capping off your 5 game losing streak at home against the Griz. Considering all that, your mispelling of the team that has dominated you is extra cute.

Alaska Griz said:
ABQCat said:
The cats currently have a whopping two game home winning streak against the Griz. Before that we put the boots to you in Bozeman 54-35, capping off your 5 game losing streak at home against the Griz. Considering all that, your mispelling of the team that has dominated you is extra cute.
2>1
This year's freshman class at um was in 7th grade the last time the Gris won in Bozeman. (spelling courtesy of the um tennis team and the elite social media wizkids that actually posted it)

That whole “Gris” thing is soooo little brother to begin with. But I didn’t realize the mental giants over there actually do not realize that’s how it’s spelled in many other languages. How embarrassing for them.

EverettGriz said:
That whole “Gris” thing is soooo little brother to begin with. But I didn’t realize the mental giants over there actually do not realize that’s how it’s spelled in many other languages. How embarrassing for them.

How do you explain the fact that so many gris fans have a problem with the way its used over here than? Ffs.

Cowboys84 said:
EverettGriz said:

How do you explain the fact that so many gris fans have a problem with the way its used over here than? Ffs.

“than”

ABQCat said:

Thanks for the info :thumb:

ABQCat said:
Alaska Griz said:
2>1
This year's freshman class at um was in 7th grade the last time the Gris won in Bozeman. (spelling courtesy of the um tennis team and the elite social media wizkids that actually posted it)

Then clearly you DO remember...

Cowboys84 said:
EverettGriz said:

I would suggest it’s because we have sensibility and intelligence. It bothers us in the same way it bothers us when we hear someone say “I seen”.

But I do appreciate the question posted on a GRIZ board by a cat fan who is too humiliated by his team that he doesn’t even claim them.

Gris don’t bother me none. It’s no different then scats or boobkittens or bob-on-the-knob-cats. My brain reads it as Griz anyway. Anyone butthurt by it is taking their eGriz posting too seriously.

EverettGriz said:
Cowboys84 said:

I would suggest it’s because we have sensibility and intelligence. It bothers us in the same way it bothers us when we hear someone say “I seen”.

But I do appreciate the question posted on a GRIZ board by a cat fan who is too humiliated by his team that he doesn’t even claim them.

"I seen" .. never heard of that, it must be another thing people from Montana like to say... just like another catch phrase they like to say..

Montana land of big sky country, the unabomber and very little else.

Cowboys84 said:
EverettGriz said:

"I seen" .. never heard of that, it must be another thing people from Montana like to say... just like another catch phrase they like to say..

Montana land of big sky country, the unabomber and very little else.
images

Latest posts

Back