• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

2005 Recruiting Class

SaskGriz

DONOR
This was a "barbell" class. Heavy on both ends but light in the middle.

2005 Recruiting Class 13/32 SCORE: 2.623

5 Points: Eric Allen WR, Oklahoma St. Colorado Springs, CO Colt Anderson SS, Butte HS Dan Beaudin TE, Noxon, MT Thomas Brooks-Fletcher, Bellevue, WA Chris Dyk OT, Beaverhead HS Brandon Fisher S, Franklin, TN Terran Hillesland OL, Sidney Kevin Klaboe HBack, Billings West Shawn Lebsock LB, Billings Skyview Tom Martin LB, Columbus, MT Austin Mullins DL, CMR HS Jace Palmer WR, Big Sky HS Tyler Palmer DB, Big Sky HS Shann Schillinger S, Baker Josh Swogger QB, Washington St. Vienna, OH

4 Points:

3 Points: Tyler Corwin ILB, Great Falls HS Tyler Pelluer LB, Sammamish, WA Andrew Schmidt RB, Bozeman Pete Sloan K, Flathead HS

2 Points: Clint Strapp QB, Niwot, CO Brandon Utterback RB, Fort Benton

1 Point: Nail Christian CB, Billings West Brett Coyler WR, Roseville, CA Alan Gilbert DL, Frenchtown Dan Girard OL, Yakima, WA Jake McCarthy DB, North Platte, NE Jolly Righetti RB, Whitefish

Zero Points: Derek Aspinwall QB, Great Falls HS Gabe Brown DL, Great Falls HS Nick Genatone LB, Kennewick, WA Taran Kahler WR, Sentinel HS Jake Larson WR, Butte HS David Lietz HBack, CMR HS Mike Lund WR, Helena HS Mike Reeves DL, Corvallis, OR Ryan Richardson DB, Colorado St. Butte Nate Strizich LB, Albuquerque, NM

Ah, the heady days of Hauck’s first tenure when we got the best of the best beef out of Montana…now they all seem to go to MSU.

Are you confusing Jason Washington with Josh Swogger?

Swogger was a 1-year transfer that joined in 2006, and Washington was a 2-year transfer that joined in 2005.

uofmman1122 said:

Swogger was a 1-year transfer that joined in 2006, and Washington was a 2-year transfer that joined in 2005.
It was very confusing trying to figure out when both showed up vs when they appeared on the roster vs when they played. I admit to living in Africa for part of that time and there for I am open to correction.

Are we sure Tom Martin was 2005? I seem to remember hanging out with him when he was redshirting in 2004.

SaskGriz said:
uofmman1122 said:

It was very confusing trying to figure out when both showed up vs when they appeared on the roster vs when they played. I admit to living in Africa for part of that time and there for I am open to correction.
Swogger decided to transfer in December of 2005 (after our season was over), so I wouldn't put him in this class.

An outstanding class of Montana-based recruits in the 5-point category. I remember almost falling out of my La-Z-Boy when Terran Hillesland started on the road at FBS Iowa the first game of the season in his second year at UM, after redshirting as a true freshman. He started for four years, advancing deep into the playoffs each season. That 2005 class of “5-point starters” played nearly an entire extra season when you add up all the playoff games. I’d be curious to know where some of these guys rank all-time in their positions for number of actual game-starts and games-played. Gotta be near the top in lots of positions.

Latest posts

Back