• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Greg Sundberg promoted to Deputy AD

Griz til I die

DONOR
https://gogriz.com/news/2022/5/11/general-sundberg-promoted-to-deputy-athletics-director.aspx
Nobody more deserving. An incredible ambassador for Grizzly Athletics! Congrats Greg and Family!

Griz til I die said:
https://gogriz.com/news/2022/5/11/general-sundberg-promoted-to-deputy-athletics-director.aspx
Nobody more deserving. An incredible ambassador for Grizzly Athletics! Congrats Greg and Family!

Sets him up to be AD should Kent leave.

I wasn't aware there even was such a thing, but congratulations Greg! Or should I just say "YATZE!!!!"

maroonandsilver said:
Griz til I die said:

Sets him up to be AD should Kent leave.
Exactly what I was thinking, and I'm ok with that. He's been with the department since 01, and has basically worked in every part of it. I think Haslam will retire in this position over the next as opposed to leaving us so we're still a ways out, but Sundberg would do a great job in the role.

fanofzoo said:
SoldierGriz said:
I want to be assistant to the Deputy AD. Is that a thing?

Comes with your own mop and bucket.

true-its-true.gif

Although I am often the ever-pessimist, even I can't say anything bad about this guy. Nobody is more "Griz" than him. Greg's the genuine article.

No doubt Sundberg has done a good job at UM. However, given the financial challenges of the university, is the position of Deputy AD necessary?

Spanky2 said:
No doubt Sundberg has done a good job at UM. However, given the financial challenges of the university, is the position of Deputy AD necessary?

So then who is going to get the coffee and doughnuts.

Spanky2 said:
A (created) title promotion and a raise for Greg. No more. He already had broad responsibilities within the AD, little seems to have changed.

He's one thing about the griz I'll always be a fan of. Super nice guy when he went to CMR. His wife was a CMR cheerleader. Not often you see people that go through high school and college, stay together and get married.

Allezchat said:
He's one thing about the griz I'll always be a fan of. Super nice guy when he went to CMR. His wife was a CMR cheerleader. Not often you see people that go through high school and college, stay together and get married.

According to many surveys, less then 2% of marriages today stem from a high school relationship.

Congrats Greg! More than deserved. Muchas Gracias for your many years of service to all and everything University of Montana and the Grizzlies. :clap: :thumb: :D

Back