• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Montana's Anderson looking good.

retiredpopo

So looks like that Montana Troy Andersen has been kicking ass all week and raising eyebrows at the Senior bowl.. Kind of funny most of the outlets are saying he played for Montana and spelling his name wrong. He has really gotten praises tho and glad he is a Montana kid.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/troy-andersen-montana-state-lb-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

kemajic said:
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/troy-andersen-montana-state-lb-nfl-draft-scouting-report-2022/

I found many similar stories. Pretty cool really. Impressive kid all the way around.

retiredpopo said:
kemajic said:

I found many similar stories. Pretty cool really. Impressive kid all the way around.

but it comes off like an advertisement, a bit too effusive to be true. or maybe not, but if i had to call a play to exploit his weakness, the play would be a pass to a tight end or running back, aimed at his direction, and use his weakness at recognizing such straight-forward plays to my advantage.

i think i hear the nfl calling...

mariah-carey.gif

He started the first series, which says a lot....

Christian Watson of THE ndsu bison was mentioned at the beginning of the game along with Trevor pfenning of northern Iowa as players to watch on the offense for their teams... GO BISON!!!

Anyone who watched the game have comments on Anderson's participation and performance? Could find nothing online.

Here's a piece from 406MTsports that tells how Andersen did in the game and the time leading up to it.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-states-troy-andersen-caps-impressive-week-with-solid-senior-bowl-performance/article_1eb58d27-0926-5476-8bb4-5197c95aec6d.html

Paytonlives said:
He had like 1 Tackle and 2 Assists

I know right?... Robby Hauck was credited for 5 solo Tackles today. In all seriousness, Troy played well VS the top All Star game players. He looked like he fit out there, and did nothing to hurt his draft potential. Had 3 Tackles in the 1st couple drives (yes 2 were probably "assisted"). It is hard to rack up stats in an All Star game with 15 other linebackers getting playing time as well. He started the game (so top 3 LB on National team) and was in charge of calling plays on the field. That has to be worth something.

The LB who stood out the most was the Wyoming LB. That guy definitely looked the part. Troy, in my opinion, somewhat disappeared in the title game in Frisco and did the same yesterday. They loved him in practice reps all week but he didnā€™t do anything in the game itself

HookedonGriz said:
The LB who stood out the most was the Wyoming LB. That guy definitely looked the part. Troy, in my opinion, somewhat disappeared in the title game in Frisco and did the same yesterday. They loved him in practice reps all week but he didnā€™t do anything in the game itself

Looks like most of the draft experts and NFL coaches disagree.

grizonbob said:
Here's a piece from 406MTsports that tells how Andersen did in the game and the time leading up to it.

https://406mtsports.com/college/big-sky-conference/montana-state-university/montana-states-troy-andersen-caps-impressive-week-with-solid-senior-bowl-performance/article_1eb58d27-0926-5476-8bb4-5197c95aec6d.html

Surprised 406 Sports didn't have him the game MVP and a top 5 pick in the draft.

My two cents; he's a very good athlete. He's quicker than Dante Olson but doesn't have anywhere near the feel for the game at LB. Watching him get postered by an 18 year old Freshman at Cat/Griz was a precursor to the way NDSU abused him. That being said he's a hell of an athlete and remember he's been essentially uncoached for the last five years.

The game itself means very little in scouts' evaluations.

If Troy's stock is going to rise, it will have been from the work he did in the practices leading up to the game. That's what all the scouts are there to see.

bigsky33 said:
HookedonGriz said:

Learn to read fuck tard:

They loved him in practice reps all week
He didnā€™t do anything in the game itself

Both of those statements are 100% fact.

HookedonGriz said:
bigsky33 said:

Learn to read [#]f### tard:

They loved him in practice reps all week
He didnā€™t do anything in the game itself

Both of those statements are 100% fact.

Based on his performance for the week, including the game, most of the draft experts had him on their lists of those that raised their stock the most. Your comment saying he did not do anything in the game is not accurate. According to some scouts they were impressed with the way he performed in the game with regard to reaction time, speed, mobility, and dropping back in pass coverage. A couple of scouts thought he has a higher upside over time than Muma. .

Back