• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Troy Andersen a 1st Round Pick???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaJollaGriz

Was looking at some early NFL mock drafts, and one of them has Troy Andersen going as the #26 pick in the first round to the Cincinnati Bengals! Wow! Is he really worthy of a 1st round pick?

Here is the link:

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/mocks/nfl-draft-2022-nfl-mock-draft-senior-bowl-edition

LaJollaGriz said:
Was looking at some early NFL mock drafts, and one of them has Troy Andersen going as the #26 pick in the first round to the Cincinnati Bengals! Wow! Is he really worthy of a 1st round pick?

Here is the link:

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/mocks/nfl-draft-2022-nfl-mock-draft-senior-bowl-edition

That draft is only players that will play in the Senior Bowl, which doesn't really have any of the top college players.

The First pick made me lose all credit for this article

A northern iowa Lineman first overall is laughable

HelenaHandBasket said:
LaJollaGriz said:

Here is the link:

That draft is only players that will play in the Senior Bowl, which doesn't really have any of the top college players.

Didn't catch that. Just saw another mock draft which had Andersen going in the 4th round to the Raiders

Troy will be drafted. That is huge in it’s self.
Very doubtful it will be above the 4th or 5th round but who knows?
I’m confident he will show very well previous to the draft.
Go Griz!

I would be surprised if he is drafted after the game yesterday exposed him time and time again. He has speed and size and I am sure he will end up on a team but I would let him walk on instead of wasting a draft pick

I agree with the previous post. Based on the way he played Saturday and also against the Griz, first round is a pipe dream. 4th or 5th round or walk on is the best possibility. He is not nearly as good as many think he is--good but not great.

I agree with the previous post. Based on the way he played Saturday and also against the Griz, first round is a pipe dream. 4th or 5th round or walk on is the best possibility. He is not nearly as good as many think he is--good but not great.

I had NDSU buddies texting me during game saying “I thought the cats had some stud LB, is he hurt?”

He was basically invisible in the chipper. On the long TD run he even seemed to try and avoid contact. He’s been a great player but that game did not help his NFL draft chances.

HookedonGriz said:
I had NDSU buddies texting me during game saying “I thought the cats had some stud LB, is he hurt?”

He was basically invisible in the chipper. On the long TD run he even seemed to try and avoid contact. He’s been a great player but that game did not help his NFL draft chances.

I am back from Texas, what did I miss over here?

If any of you know me... I don't make excuses for games. the Cats got totally destroyed in every facet of the game. Field conditions and injuries had nothing to do with it... That being said, something happened to Troy early on in the game... I haven't gone back and watched the replay of the game (I may never do that) but from the 2nd quarter on, he seemed to be holding his left arm kind of weirdly to his side. It didn't look right, he would just kind of hang it limp, until the play started. Not sure if it was just me over analyzing things (it happened a LOT on Saturday, and normally does when the team you follow is down by 35 points). The entire team was just off, and NDSU was better.

All That being said, I would peg him as a 5th round pick. I have no clue what will actually happen.

SACCAT66 said:
HookedonGriz said:

If any of you know me... I don't make excuses for games. the Cats got totally destroyed in every facet of the game. Field conditions and injuries had nothing to do with it... That being said, something happened to Troy early on in the game... I haven't gone back and watched the replay of the game (I may never do that) but from the 2nd quarter on, he seemed to be holding his left arm kind of weirdly to his side. It didn't look right, he would just kind of hang it limp, until the play started. Not sure if it was just me over analyzing things (it happened a LOT on Saturday, and normally does when the team you follow is down by 35 points). The entire team was just off, and NDSU was better.

All That being said, I would peg him as a 5th round pick. I have no clue what will actually happen.

If what you noticed is true it means the injury bug strikes, AGAIN, which every scout will report to the front office. Some team will take a chance but will they spend a draft choice, maybe not? I can't remember which quarter they had him in at RB but he didn't look good on that play either. Couldn't get to the edge.

SACCAT66 said:
HookedonGriz said:

If he was hurt then that makes sense why he played so poorly. He’s had an incredible career and I can see him playing on Sundays. I was just saying that game definitely didn’t help him

HookedonGriz said:
SACCAT66 said:

If he was hurt then that makes sense why he played so poorly. He’s had an incredible career and I can see him playing on Sundays. I was just saying that game definitely didn’t help him

So Dillon tough>Butte tough. Always thought that might be so.

Griz66 said:

Agreeing with your own post...again?

SACCAT66 said:
HookedonGriz said:

SAC
What can you tell us about the two Cat players suspended for Steroid use? O-Line men and starters?

Troy goes 5th or 6th round unless he signs FA before the draft....

horribilisfan8184 said:
HookedonGriz said:

So Dillon tough>Butte tough. Always thought that might be so.

I think Butte folks would take Dillon folks with them to war any time. Add in anaconda folks too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back