• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Dirty Dukes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Special H

JMU had 2 players ejected from the game last week for targeting. Does anyone know if these guys are cheap shot artists like Weber St? It would seem like it due to the ejections and dirty play form them but I just don't know enough or care about east coast football.

Also is this the same team that had that super QB Brock Landers that couldn't even make it through an entire game against us in 2009 or something? Why was there so much hype around a guy that didn't even make the pros? Must be that east coast arrogance you guys are talking about in the other thread.

Mods - consider shutting this thread down.
Unsubstantiated. >98% of Griz fans are looking forward to a challenging, difficult, physical, Cleanly-played game against JMU.

Special H said:
JMU had 2 players ejected from the game last week for targeting. Does anyone know if these guys are cheap shot artists like Weber St? It would seem like it due to the ejections and dirty play form them but I just don't know enough or care about east coast football.

Also is this the same team that had that super QB Brock Landers that couldn't even make it through an entire game against us in 2009 or something? Why was there so much hype around a guy that didn't even make the pros? Must be that east coast arrogance you guys are talking about in the other thread.

Cool post.

Coach Cignetti runs a program very much like Coach Hauck. He instructs the guys to play fast and physical. We've lost a few guys throughout the season to targeting calls, but they've all been the type of call where it's a bang-bang play that happens so fast and the contact was dangerous, but unintentional. There hasn't been a single call on JMU this year where you could seriously say our guy was head-hunting. The first guy last week was a 3rd stringer who only plays special teams. The other guy is our starting strong safety, Wayne Davis, so he'll miss the first half on Friday. Wayne's targeting call was interesting.....his helmet went into the middle of the guys chest, so they called it for using the crown of his helmet since he wasn't able to make contact with his shoulder. It was the type of hit that would have been applauded 10 years ago, but is a penalty today. I guess that's just the way it is.

Not sure who Brock Landers is, but Rodney Landers was a hell of QB for us. But, to call him a QB would be incorrect....he was a RB who could occasionally pass. Most of his yardage was designed runs, RPOs, or option. IIRC, he twisted an ankle early in the game. In hindsight our offense was way too dependent on one guy. But that was 4 coaches ago and the only people who remember that are the fans. I'm guessing that most of our players have no idea who Rodney Landers is, and the results in 2004 and 2008 will have zero influence on the game.

Best of luck to the Griz!

Nope. I watched the JMU game and they play a great brand of football and looking forward to what I hope is a great game for both teams.

How long before the person behind Special H resorts to creating yet another troll account because he realizes we’re tired of his bull****

This thread title had me worried poor Daisy had soiled her shorts.

86114855.jpg

pussycatkillerz said:
:troll:
Is this an attempt to create bulletin board material for the opposing team via a fake Griz fan? :lol:

yup. anyone watching the game would have argued that they were not really targeting. No more so than our two calls that did not stand.

96, that's not exactly the direction I was going, but it was in the ballpark...nice

FYI, the "Targeting" flags are being thrown out there to protect the tackler as much as the tackled.

It is a good idea. It is just too arbitrary as to when those flags are being thrown.

ChicagoDuke said:
Special H said:

Cool post.

Coach Cignetti runs a program very much like Coach Hauck. He instructs the guys to play fast and physical. We've lost a few guys throughout the season to targeting calls, but they've all been the type of call where it's a bang-bang play that happens so fast and the contact was dangerous, but unintentional. There hasn't been a single call on JMU this year where you could seriously say our guy was head-hunting. The first guy last week was a 3rd stringer who only plays special teams. The other guy is our starting strong safety, Wayne Davis, so he'll miss the first half on Friday. Wayne's targeting call was interesting.....his helmet went into the middle of the guys chest, so they called it for using the crown of his helmet since he wasn't able to make contact with his shoulder. It was the type of hit that would have been applauded 10 years ago, but is a penalty today. I guess that's just the way it is.

Not sure who Brock Landers is, but Rodney Landers was a hell of QB for us. But, to call him a QB would be incorrect....he was a RB who could occasionally pass. Most of his yardage was designed runs, RPOs, or option. IIRC, he twisted an ankle early in the game. In hindsight our offense was way too dependent on one guy. But that was 4 coaches ago and the only people who remember that are the fans. I'm guessing that most of our players have no idea who Rodney Landers is, and the results in 2004 and 2008 will have zero influence on the game.

Best of luck to you as well.

Thank you for the level headed response and keeping it about football and not personal attacks. I appreciate the honesty it was weird to me that your team had multiple ejections for targeting in one game. It sounds like your team is tough and plays football the way it was meant to be played and not this watered down participation trophy football where you cant hit anymore.

This board has a long history of being demeaning to women and some of the responses in here are no exception. We just have to deal with the boys on here looking for attention.

Special H said:
ChicagoDuke said:
Cool post.

Thank you for the level headed response and keeping it about football and not personal attacks. I appreciate the honesty it was weird to me that your team had multiple ejections for targeting in one game. It sounds like your team is tough and plays football the way it was meant to be played and not this watered down participation trophy football where you cant hit anymore.

This board has a long history of being demeaning to women and some of the responses in here are no exception. We just have to deal with the boys on here looking for attention.

Fauque Alpha put a damn cork in it you Ahole. That is enough of your bullsh@t that you brought onto your own head. Go Away and SHUT UP!

Special H said:
ChicagoDuke said:
Cool post.

And you were one of the worst.

One of my friends is a fellow lawyer in Missoula, she has told me stories of the past treatment you boys have given her on multiple occasions. She was right on the mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back