• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Brent Pease Emerging as Leading Candidate for Idaho

HookedonGriz

DONOR
According to FootballScoop it sounds like Pease may be heading home. I believe he was born and raised in Moscow. Would hate to see him go but he’d be a good pick up for them.

It's time for him to get a head coaching job. Tough place to win, but he has knocked on the door for a very long time. Best of luck to him and Paula.

It would be a good hire for Idaho. Would this open the door for a return of Robin Pflugrad to Montana at all to coach receivers and help out with the offense?

Brother Bear said:
It would be a good hire for Idaho. Would this open the door for a return of Robin Pflugrad to Montana at all to coach receivers and help out with the offense?

Probably not, there are a huge number of other people that can do the job without the risk of a backlash. Other than righting-a-wrong there only negative motivators to rehiring Coach Pflugrad.

DrainBramage said:
Brother Bear said:

Probably not, there are a huge number of other people that can do the job without the risk of a backlash. Other than righting-a-wrong there only negative motivators to rehiring Coach Pflugrad.
I can think of more positive motivators than negative.

Brother Bear said:

:pray:

Brother Bear said:

After what Engstrom did to him?
After the bullshit from Razing Missoula that Bobby had to endure? For those who didn't know what happened and by whom, someone list the names of those MFs here for reference. Here's a start: Lisa Davey, Gwen Florio, the Missoulian(in general).
I think it would be a cold day in hell before Pflu would even consider such a move.

3-7-77 said:
Brother Bear said:

After the bullshit from Razing Missoula that Bobby had to endure? For those who didn't know what happened and by whom, someone list the names of those MFs here for reference. Here's a start: Lisa Davey, Gwen Florio, the Missoulian(in general).
I think it would be a cold day in hell before Pflu would even consider such a move.

Do you need a tissue?

Brother Bear said:
I would love it, but I believe someone said one of the stipulations of his settlement is that he cannot work for the state of Montana ever again. If that's indeed true, then that ship has sailed.

Hate to see Pease leave. He’s done an awesome job here but would deserve the job.

Mike Ferriter could be a natural replacement for Pease as a WR coach as well. Also think Phenice could be an option.

dayday said:
Hate to see Pease leave. He’s done an awesome job here but would deserve the job.

Mike Ferriter could be a natural replacement for Pease as a WR coach as well. Also think Phenice could be an option.

I, too, would hate to see Brent leave and don't want to write him off. I have a lot of respect for him, his football acumen and think he would make a great head coach. If he does leave, we had a tennis player, receiver, special teams returner from Havre that played in the NFL that I would think would make a great receiver coach if he was interested. Marc Mariani would be that guy IMO.

Great for him. It will definitely improve Idaho football. Maybe we’ll get another decent opponent here in the not so distant future

Griz1 said:
dayday said:

I, too, would hate to see Brent leave and don't want to write him off. I have a lot of respect for him, his football acumen and think he would make a great head coach. If he does leave, we had a tennis player, receiver, special teams returner from Havre that played in the NFL that I would think would make a great receiver coach if he was interested. Marc Mariani would be that guy IMO.

Marc doesn’t coach

Ursa Major said:
3-7-77 said:

Do you need a tissue?
You know he’s not growler or dill right?

HookedonGriz said:
According to FootballScoop it sounds like Pease may be heading home. I believe he was born and raised in Moscow. Would hate to see him go but he’d be a good pick up for them.

I thought he was from mountain home Idaho where the air base is.

Jesse said:
HookedonGriz said:

I thought he was from mountain home Idaho where the air base is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brent_Pease

WaGriz4life said:
Griz1 said:

Marc doesn’t coach

I'm not saying it would happen. However, just because he doesn't coach sure doesn't mean he couldn't. In my opinion I think he has the potential to be a great one.

Back