• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Can anyone confirm the EWU accusations?

putter

DONOR
Saw a post from a person associated with EWU. Said that the crowd was calling EWU players the N word and other things when they were waking to the locker-room. I know there are always a few but, in all my years, I have never heard that type of stuff uttered towards an opponent. Even when UMass beat the Griz, people were clapping and telling them good game.

Did anyone towards the NEZ hear anything. Pretty classless accusation if not true

There’s enough cameras out there now that if it happened it should be pretty easy to confirm who it was and give them the ban hammer for life. If there’s any truth to it at all I’d assume that it was one asshole. With where we are in society right now, one guy saying it happened screams bullshit to me. There would have been a pretty major blowout in the stadium and on social media about it. Also, if you want to talk like that where we sit we will be happy to beat the shit out of you for it.

I didn’t hear anyone say that, if they did I’m sure other people would have put them in their place. Most people were saying “we are coming Missoula “. Many of the players were giving people the middle finger.

I didn’t hear anyone say that, if they did I’m sure other people would have put them in their place. Most people were saying “we are coming Missoula “. Many of the players were giving people the middle finger.

Kent Haslem was in the EWU entrance trying to get people to stop taunting the EWU players. If someone did say the N word, I’m sure he would have made sure that person was punished

I saw some video from the tunnel as players were leaving and didn't hear anything on it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't there.

EWU Twitter has a cool video of EB after the game talking to some GRIZ fans in the stands they are shaking his hand and congratulating him. As he goes to the tunnel a group of young GRIZ fans reach out to give him five. As he reaches the tunnel someone says I’m glad your graduating and pats him on the back.

Leaving the game from the west exit there were quite a few people gathered along the stair railings being asses. I did not catch any specific language being used, figured it was best to just shut up and keep moving. Lots of folks just singing the 'na na na nah, hey hey, goodbye', but there were a a handful of people taunting the ewu players as they walked past, yelling, shaking fists, etc. At least some of the ewu players were yelling back. I didn't hear what was said.

We met some ewu fans and had a blast with them. Kept fist bumping to which team made the play. Was great hanging with them.

That said, I can't see this as true as tons of Ewoo players stayed on the field, post game to watch the Griz celebrate. Watched them go up the tunnel and they didn't interact with fans. Seemed pretty quiet. As I say, post the video or its bs

Mavman said:
EWU Twitter has a cool video of EB after the game talking to some GRIZ fans in the stands they are shaking his hand and congratulating him. As he goes to the tunnel a group of young GRIZ fans reach out to give him five. As he reaches the tunnel someone says I’m glad your graduating and pats him on the back.

I can confirm this. He was having fun with Griz fans. I was standing 3 rows behind those kids.

We were near the tunnel at the end of the game while all the players left. There were about 10-15 fans taunting. I did not hear anything lewd or racist.

UM usually has fans with good sportsmanship.
Usually (the large majority) good fans tell (the few) over-the-top crazy fans to straighten up and be more professional.

putter said:
Saw a post from a person associated with EWU. Said that the crowd was calling EWU players the N word and other things when they were waking to the locker-room.

Back