• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Good, Bad, Ugly - EWU

HookedonGriz

DONOR
Good:
- Sammy Akem went off and it was great to see. 5 catches for 104 with 2 huge TDs
- Malik with some great rushes, one going for a 75 yard TD. 3 carries for 92 yards!
- the o line blocking down field, giving cam time, and helping the backs avg 5.8 ypc and over 200 rushing yards for game
- graves put us in great field position on a number of kick returns
- Bergen played great at RB and had 3 punt returns for 51 yards, 17 yards per return. It cannot be said enough…Bergen is a huge reason we are where we are this season
- awesome Punt block by I believe it was Tirrell
- huge hits back to back by Robertson and Hauck that seemed to change momentum for the defense and the stadium
- Cam threw 3 TDs and climbs his record to 12-1 as a Griz starter.
- Ford continues to do Ford things…..incredible to watch!
- boomschini continued to punt the shit out of the ball and flip the field
- Xavier had 16 carries for 79 and a TD, averaging 4.9 ypc
- money Macias has hit 17 straight now!
- Autjoe Soe looked awesome is mop up duty….they are high on him

Bad:
- let barriere pick us apart quite a bit, but he does that to most teams
- gave up too many 3rd down conversions

Ugly:
- had no idea another officiating crew could make a Big Sky crew look good. I was wrong.

Ugly - 2/12 on 3rd downs isn’t gonna get it done vs. JMU.

That’s about the only thing you can complain about, though.

hardycreek1 said:
Ugly - 80 pass plays and not a single holding call. Wow.

I know they say holding happens on every play, but it seriously felt like it should have been called on all 80 of those. :lol:

Bad - Sometimes Cam needs about 15 minutes to fine someone to throw the ball to. Needs to learn to throw it away. Also didn't see the back come out of the backfield with no coverage several times.

cclarkblues said:
Bad - Sometimes Cam needs about 15 minutes to fine someone to throw the ball to. Needs to learn to throw it away. Also didn't see the back come out of the backfield with no coverage several times.

Yes the wheel rote was wiiiiiide open a few times

Funny - EWU kicker practicing kickoffs from our sides 35 after halftime. Our guys warmup around it, but Bobby comes out and kicks the EWU ball off the tee and towards their bench. Mouthing something to the kicker as he does it. At first I thought it was a dick move, then I realized that the kickers typically warm up on their own side. Bobby was just teaching the young man some football etiquette.

Not sure what the story is with Barriere.

Does he have certain restrictions/freedom to take these types of risks? Not many teams think/expect him/them to air it out which catches them off guard at times for huge plays.

Imagine that with Akem/Roberts/Toure (I miss him).

But again as was demonstrated in that game, it came down to who outlasted who.. who punched who more and who's left standing up..

Hauck's approach was to control the ball, make plays on both sides, punch them in the mouth and lessen the impact of Barriere (knowing he'll score at will) Playing 4D chess (hard hitting, getting in their heads, LOVED the crowd)

Congrats Grizzlies, We're proud of you!

That was the game of the ages, up there with the Armanti Edwards/ASU send off game in 08

UMcheer2000 said:
Not sure what the story is with Barriere.

Does he have certain restrictions/freedom to take these types of risks? Not many teams think/expect him/them to air it out which catches them off guard at times for huge plays.

Imagine that with Akem/Roberts/Toure (I miss him).

But again as was demonstrated in that game, it came down to who outlasted who.. who punched who more and who's left standing up..

Hauck's approach was to control the ball, make plays on both sides, punch them in the mouth and lessen the impact of Barriere (knowing he'll score at will) Playing 4D chess (hard hitting, getting in their heads, LOVED the crowd)

Congrats Grizzlies, We're proud of you!

That was the game of the ages, up there with the Armanti Edwards/ASU send off game in 08

Samori was at the game last night. Very cool to see him back supporting the Griz. I couldn’t help but think he was probably wishing he was back in maroon and silver last night. What a great night to be a Griz!

Iowagriz said:
Funny - EWU kicker practicing kickoffs from our sides 35 after halftime. Our guys warmup around it, but Bobby comes out and kicks the EWU ball off the tee and towards their bench. Mouthing something to the kicker as he does it. At first I thought it was a dick move, then I realized that the kickers typically warm up on their own side. Bobby was just teaching the young man some football etiquette.

I saw that happen and it was the funniest thing I’ve ever seen at a Griz game. The EWU kicker blue screened for about 10 seconds, he didn’t know what to do! 🤣

Anybody else see one of the refs get hit in the noggin when a ball got thrown back after a PAT? I didn’t see it, but a few others in the section I was sitting in did.

After rewatching game after getting home, I have to give a shout out to a couple young guys who made impact with their playing time.

Braxton Hill and Noah Kashmitter were awesome when they were in there. Kashmitter bulked up pretty well and held it down at the nose when he got his chance.

Iowagriz said:

I saw this too. And I commented to those around us about the EWU kicker definitely encroaching on UM territory. In 6o years of attending football games, I have never before seen such deliberate disrespect of the unwritten rule of staying on your half of the field.

Good: Levi Janacaro recovering the blocked punt fumble. I was curious if he or Colter would be playing given their family tragedy, but I was so happy to see him get his hands on the ball in such a crucial moment! I can’t even imagine what it took to be playing that night, but good for him to get a special moment.

i do love the griz said:
Good: Levi Janacaro recovering the blocked punt fumble. I was curious if he or Colter would be playing given their family tragedy, but I was so happy to see him get his hands on the ball in such a crucial moment! I can’t even imagine what it took to be playing that night, but good for him to get a special moment.

Yep, perfect!

i do love the griz said:

Great call.

I feel like Garrett Graves’ performance returning kicks has been glossed over this week….That dude absolutely WRECKED EWU’s strategy of not kicking to Flowers….HE should have gotten Haley’s game ball, not Barriere.

AZGrizFan said:
I feel like Garrett Graves’ performance returning kicks has been glossed over this week….That dude absolutely WRECKED EWU’s strategy of not kicking to Flowers….HE should have gotten Haley’s game ball, not Barriere.

+1 Graves, running behind the return team looked great!

AZGrizFan said:

Great point. He was awesome!

Grizzlies1982 said:
AZGrizFan said:

Great point. He was awesome!

Conversely, for some strange reason EWU decided to fair catch EVERY kickoff (and there were ELEVEN of them) except the last one….i didn’t understand that strategy then and I still don’t. I get that having Barriere means just get him the ball and let him do his thing, but Stitt tried that and it didn’t work then, didn’t work now.

Back