• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

JMU board

grizzliesthetics

DONOR
Over on the JMU board they seem to believe that MT is one of the dirtiest FCS teams. When did this become a thing?

After a brief perusal of their forum, I am again reminded that Cheney and Bozeman don’t have a monopoly on football related stupidity.

Highlights include:

Montana is the filthiest team in the FCS
EB3 is a crappy QB
There are no good defenses in the Big Sky

I hope some of their fans make it over here and are able to express an opinion that wasn’t developed with the benefit of crayons and antipsychotic medications.

grizzliesthetics said:
hardycreek1 said:
Probably because we play hard fast and aggressive defense.
That's what I was thinking. I guess hitting hard is now considered dirty 🤔
My thought exactly.

NCAA rules now dictate less and less "full contact" practice. So ... there's less hitting in practice (and practice hitting is never as hard as game hitting anyway). Upshot: The notion that someone might smack you -- "legally" -- hard enough for it to hurt may not have quite reached some players. That's going to make its way into the fan base.

That impacts UM also, of course ... in terms of the practice time, etc. But the Griz (coaches and players) are "old school" and glory in delivering solid, clean hits. (And we as fans love it.) Remember this (paraphrased, obviously): "I smacked Murphy so hard ... his ancestors back in the 'Auld Sod' probably felt it."

The Griz D played fast and physical. The only thing I saw to feed the "dirty" narrative was Robby's attempted leg sweep.

So . . . as I read this thread, I see that the JMU #25 player was kicked out of the game for Targeting. Dirty ?

Then, on the immediate next play is the repeat -Kickoff and the JMU gets another personal foul unsportsmanlike penalty. :shock:

retiredpopo said:
how about that.

75029930.jpg

I don’t get it either. Hard hitting isn’t dirty. If you are wrapped up and don’t want to get hit, go down.

The play that Barriere was all pissed off at O’Connell for was so silly. O’connell was simply trying to get him to the ground. Nothing dirty about it.

did another JMU player get kicked out of the game for targeting ? ? :shock:

Proud Griz Man said:
So . . . as I read this thread, I see that the JMU #25 player was kicked out of the game for Targeting. Dirty ?

Then, on the immediate next play is the repeat -Kickoff and the JMU gets another personal foul unsportsmanlike penalty. :shock:

Proud Griz Man said:
did another JMU player get kicked out of the game for targeting ? ? :shock:

Proud Griz Man said:

Yep, targeting. Early third quarter, which means…out first half next week. Also, major defender for them. I like how were dirty and they’ve got two targeting calls in like 35 minutes of football.

FireGriz said:
After a brief perusal of their forum, I am again reminded that Cheney and Bozeman don’t have a monopoly on football related stupidity.

Highlights include:

Montana is the filthiest team in the FCS
EB3 is a crappy QB
There are no good defenses in the Big Sky

I hope some of their fans make it over here and are able to express an opinion that wasn’t developed with the benefit of crayons and antipsychotic medications.
That is hilarious!

I wonder what the percentage of their posters grew up with indoor plumbing?

I know there are some resident EWU fans on these boards and as much as I despise that team, I don't wish to start anything. But I watched plenty of non-Montana EWU football this season and can say that I have not seen any other team that played as dirty week after week as the Eags.

If yesterday is the game people are looking at to say the Griz play dirty, I suggest they watch some of the previous games. Dirty play from one team begets dirty play from their opponents, and that showed last night. I saw some Griz plays that I was not proud of but I also know why they happened - EWU's players instigated a lot of the hate. No excuses for Robby's leg sweep or O'Connell's leg twists, though. I was not happy to see that. But compare the play of EWU's OL and UM's. Big difference in how cleanly each one plays, and I suspect that was a big part of why the Eagles were so successful in passing. Barriere's a great QB, don't get me wrong. But it's much easier to throw the ball when your OL holds repeatedly and doesn't get caught. And for anyone who wants to argue that EWU's OL wasn't constantly holding - I and my brother both played center, and I know a hold when I see it.

Not to mention the constant taunting from EWU players, both on and off the field. I guess living in a perpetually depressing town like Cheney makes people do that.

Latest posts

Back