• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Noon game SELA / JMU

Cuervohola

DONOR
Barely enough time to get up, Coffee / Cook / Snort / Scratch and then Scout..

GO SELA!!!!!!!!!

Cuervohola said:

GO SELA!!!!!!!!!

Nah... no sense watching.

It's going to be a beat down of epic proportions. I highly doubt SELA even scores to be honest.

But hell, I'll go ahead and spot them 14 courtesy points and say the final will be 59-14.

I love beatin up on SELA.

Benjamin Dover said:
Cuervohola said:

GO SELA!!!!!!!!!

It's going to be a beat down of epic proportions. I highly doubt SELA even scores to be honest.

But hell, I'll go ahead and spot them 14 courtesy points and say the final will be 59-14.

Their QB is 6'7", 260 or so and has thrown for 18000 yards with 400 TD's... Or less than that, but don't sleep on the upset.

SELA Passing... 4727 Yds, 42 TD, 7 INT
SELA Rushing... (Top 5)... 324 ATT, 1467 YDS, 27 TD (Most by QB)
SELA Receiving... (Top 5)... 220 REC, 3098 YDS, 30 TD
SELA Defense... 32 SACK, 19 INT, 9 FF, 4 FR
SELA FG 8/13 LONG 39
SELA Punt 24, AVG 44, LONG 66, IN 20 OR 50 PLUS... 14
SELA Punt Return... NOT WORTH MENTIONING
SELA Kick Return... (TOP 2)... 31 RET, 823 YDS, 1 TD

JMU Passing... 2953 Yds, 32 TD, 2 INT
JMU Rushing... (Top 5)... 337 ATT, 1405 YDS, 10 TD (Half TD by QB)
JMU Receiving... (Top 5)... 186 REC, 2508 YDS, 30 TD
JMU Defense... 33 SACK, 13 INT, 12 FF, 12 FR
JMU FG 28/31 LONG 47
JMU Punt 39, AVG 40, LONG 50, IN 20 OR 50 PLUS... 14
JMU Punt Return... NOT WORTH MENTIONING
JMU Kick Return... (TOP 2)... 13 RET, 426 YDS, 1 TD

EDGE GRADE...

Passing... SELA
Rushing... SELA (17 More TD)
Receiving... SELA (More REC, 500 More YDS)
Defense... EVEN... (6 More INT for SELA, 8 more FR for JMU)
FG... JMU (Kicker much better, although SELA completes more drives)
Punt.... EVEN
Kick Return... EVEN

FINAL SCORE.... SELA 37, JMU 28

Cuervohola said:
SELA FG 8/13 LONG 39

JMU FG 28/31 LONG 47

EDGE GRADE...

Passing... SELA
Punt.... EVEN
Kick Return... EVEN

I think SELA will score some points, I just don't think they can score more on offense than they give up on defense. Take a look at those defensive numbers. JMU #2 overall defense. SELA #96 overall defense.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Cuervohola said:
SELA FG 8/13 LONG 39

JMU FG 28/31 LONG 47

EDGE GRADE...

Passing... SELA
Punt.... EVEN
Kick Return... EVEN

I think SELA will score some points, I just don't think they can score more on offense than they give up on defense. Take a look at those defensive numbers. JMU #2 overall defense. SELA #96 overall defense.

But where are those rankings from? There's all kinds of variables, 90 percent of which are not known until the whistle blows, but for people to say the Griz are automatically travelling to Virginia is ludicrous. The entire Offense belongs to SELA in this matchup.

Of course, everything I typed is without watching film, but still... Nobody in the entire country including most Griz fans thought they would beat the Huskies.

Cuervohola said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

But where are those rankings from? There's all kinds of variables, 90 percent of which are not known until the whistle blows, but for people to say the Griz are automatically travelling to Virginia is ludicrous. The entire Offense belongs to SELA in this matchup.

Of course, everything I typed is without watching film, but still... Nobody in the entire country including most Griz fans thought they would beat the Huskies.

Those are from NCAA.com. I could see this SELA game going just like there trip to Montana in 2019. And don't get me wrong, SELA could pull it out, I just see it as very very very very unlikely.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Cuervohola said:

Those are from NCAA.com. I could see this SELA game going just like there trip to Montana in 2019. And don't get me wrong, SELA could pull it out, I just see it as very very very very unlikely.

It's unlikely in the minds of people because of JMU's recent success... They haven't played anybody besides the loss to Nova though, and their conference is weak. They destroyed a NAIA team, then beat a bunch of teams, none of which had 7 wins. They beat 5 teams with 6-5 records that could go to the Summer's Eve Heavy Dayz Bowl.

Cuervohola said:
HelenaHandBasket said:

It's unlikely in the minds of people because of JMU's recent success... They haven't played anybody besides the loss to Nova though, and their conference is weak. They destroyed a NAIA team, then beat a bunch of teams, none of which had 7 wins. They beat 5 teams with 6-5 records that could go to the Summer's Eve Heavy Dayz Bowl.

I don't think SELA is any better than the "nobodys" that JMU has already played. The Southland is a terrible conference.

This game is going to be really interesting. JMU's only good win was over Weber State and we all know how Weber's season turned out. I watched most of that game and wasn't all that impressed with JMU. Then JMU loses to Nova who hasn't looked great either and only beat Holy Cross by 5. I'm not saying Southeastern Louisiana is going to win, but I think they've got a good shot at it.

Benjamin Dover said:
Cuervohola said:

GO SELA!!!!!!!!!

SELA scores 21+. Iā€™ve watched a couple of their games this year. That offense is legit. Itā€™s their defense that sucks

Da Boyz Mom said:
This game is going to be really interesting. JMU's only good win was over Weber State and we all know how Weber's season turned out. I watched most of that game and wasn't all that impressed with JMU. Then JMU loses to Nova who hasn't looked great either and only beat Holy Cross by 5. I'm not saying Southeastern Louisiana is going to win, but I think they've got a good shot at it.

I think Weber could roll SELA.

HelenaHandBasket said:
Da Boyz Mom said:

I think Weber could roll SELA.

Maybe but we'll never know because Weber is sitting at home this weekend. šŸ˜ Who knows, my enthusiasm for Southeastern Louisiana could be just wishful thinking so that the Griz get another home game.

HelenaHandBasket said:
There is a reason that JMU is a 15 point favorite

who do you trust? I recall we were only a 3 point favorite....I believe Villanova was a big favorite.....hmmm.

HelenaHandBasket said:
There is a reason that JMU is a 15 point favorite
Yep. Same reason(s) Villanova was a 13 point favorite over Holy Cross. Bookies lost some money there ... although probably not a lot.

Back