• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Game Day Question

mcg

DONOR
I get to go to my first Griz game of the season on Saturday. Do I understand correctly that no food or drink is allowed to be brought into the stadium, not even an unopened bottle of water? And if that's true, how serious is the enforcement at the gate? Could I get thru with a turkey sandwich in my pocket?

The issue is the last thing I want to do during a Griz game is stand in line for expensive, bad food (no offense intended to the folks who work the concessions).

Thanks in advance for any info.

I know there is a clear bag policy so anything you do bring in needs to be in a clear bag. I don’t think they let you bring in any liquids (water, pop, etc) due to worries it could be alcohol.

I’m not positive on food….don’t see any reason they wouldn’t let you bring own for in but I’m not certain.

https://gogriz.com/news/2019/8/9/football-new-for-2019-clear-bags-at-washington-grizzly-stadium.aspx

Outside food and beverage ARE prohibited, however it depends on who you get at the gate. Last year, my parents got hassled over bringing in sliced apples in a baggie, but then this year I had candy corn and other food items in my bag, and the guy simply joked that I had to share with him. You can try bringing stuff in, but just realize that it might get taken away from you. You CAN bring in empty water bottles and fill them inside.

I bring a Klean Kanteen full of water with me all the time, no problem. First game, someone wanted me to open the lid to the Kanteen but didn't make me waste the water. the rest of the games, they didn't even bother me at all about it. Also, bring a protein bar with me with no problem.

If you want to know in my little middle aged lady clear Griz bag I've brought unopened water bottles, beef jerky, granola bars, hand sanitizer, and lipstick 😉.

Back