• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Our best player is?

Brian Buschini. Good lord is he a great weapon to have when needed.....though I'd rather never need him!

RayWill said:
I would argue O'Connell stat line is crazy, yes Fords interceptions are great and an argument can be made but at this rate it will be hard to not have Oconnell in the talk for Buchanan award. https://gogriz.com/sports/football/roster/patrick-o-connell/6066

O'Connell by a mile. One of Ford's INT's was on 4th down and cost us 26 yards in field possession-a very selfish play in a close game. He's good, but O'Connell is an every-down influencer.

Zirg said:
RayWill said:
I would argue O'Connell stat line is crazy, yes Fords interceptions are great and an argument can be made but at this rate it will be hard to not have Oconnell in the talk for Buchanan award. https://gogriz.com/sports/football/roster/patrick-o-connell/6066

O'Connell by a mile. One of Ford's INT's was on 4th down and cost us 26 yards in field possession-a very selfish play in a close game. He's good, but O'Connell is an every-down influencer.
Ford was very badly beaten on the second Idaho TD.

kemajic said:
Zirg said:

I’m gonna cut him some slack on that one, given that that team only passes about 10 times a game….as the announcers said, he got caught peeking into the backfield…gonna happen a time or two to any corner on an island.

AZGrizFan said:
kemajic said:

I’m gonna cut him some slack on that one, given that that team only passes about 10 times a game….as the announcers said, he got caught peeking into the backfield…gonna happen a time or two to any corner on an island.

That's Ford's game. He's a risk-taker/play-maker. I agree you gotta accept that he might get beat occasionally cause he is looking to make a play instead of playing it conservative. He HAS made some big plays, but it's O'Connell and other linemen and LBs that are this team's best asset.

GRIZFAN37YT said:
I go back and forth between Buschini and Ford
Buschini is a good bet. Thru yesterday, he's #4 in Punting average according to the latest NCAA stats: 46.22 Yards Per Punt, a little over 2 yards behind the #1 guy.

Because of that and the Griz coverage squad, UM is #1 in Net Punting, at 44.76. Opponents have received 37 punts, but only tried to return 11 of them. For those, they managed just 34 yards … for an average of 3.09 Yards Per Return. That means the Griz are #14 in Punt Return Defense.

Wait. No votes for OD?!? :lol:

Good thread topic. I think our best player is O’Connell, but I’d have no argument with Ford. I do think Bushi will have the longest NFL career.

1. OD

2. O’Connell

3. Bushchini

4. Ford

5. Lewis

6. Welnel

7. Akem

8. Cook

9. Robertson

10. Babros

BWahlberg said:
1. OD

2. O’Connell

3. Bushchini

4. Ford

5. Lewis

6. Welnel

7. Akem

8. Cook

9. Robertson

10. Babros

I think y’all are underestimating Robertson’s importance to this defense.

Robbie Patterson. Figured I would take the Ducky approach, get on the bandwagon early so maybe I can use the "told you so" mantra. If not, I can just deny it and outwit you with my high ID.

Back