• Hi Guest, want to participate in the discussions, keep track of read/unread posts and more? Create your free account and increase the benefits of your eGriz.com experience today!

Any Word on Gubner?

UTGrizFan

Just curious if there has been any word or do we have a timeline when we will receive word if and when he actually will be missing out a good chunk of the SUU game? Probably the stupidest thing I've ever heard or seen watching college football "cameras were off" and based on the replay it wasn't targeting.

I agree. Replay machine not working.... with the way Idaho played it was probably on purpose

I certainly did not see targeting! The late hit was at best, plausible. But I didn't see anything that would garner a suspension. We'll find out soon enough I guess.

In the post-game press conference, Coach Hauck made it sound like Targeting calls must be confirmed with video replay, so I am assuming that this call against Gubner is not 100% firm and final until the BSC office reviews it.

I looked for the BSC rulebook and did not find it yet.

How exactly can I be sitting on my recliner in Florida and I'm able to replay the game but the "replay machine" at the stadium doesn't work? Here's a tip for the Big Sky Conference if your replay machine isn't working just put the game on TV in the booth. Swx had good replays of at least two big calls they could have corrected by turning on a televison.

grizingatorland said:
How exactly can I be sitting on my recliner in Florida and I'm able to replay the game but the "replay machine" at the stadium doesn't work? Here's a tip for the Big Sky Conference if your replay machine isn't working just put the game on TV in the booth. Swx had good replays of at least two big calls they could have corrected by turning on a televison.

This... But we re talking about the BS Conference

Would it honestly be a bad thing if he did have to sit it out? With the depletion on the defense, maybe it would be good to give a guy like that a break. We’re playing Southern Utah, so it’s not like we should be worried if he’s not out there. I get it though, it was a bs call and he should be allowed to play.

I’m sure Kent and Bobby already made a phone call or 5 and when the BSC sits their happy asses in their office chairs tomorrow they’ll probably look at it and decide.

Griz til I die said:
Would it honestly be a bad thing if he did have to sit it out? With the depletion on the defense, maybe it would be good to give a guy like that a break. We’re playing Southern Utah, so it’s not like we should be worried if he’s not out there. I get it though, it was a bs call and he should be allowed to play.

Here’s my concern with that theory: Alford, Belknap and Babros are ALL already dinged up…taking a major space eater out of the lineup just puts that much more pressure on guys who are already walking wounded.

BTW; LOVE the way Nuce plays. He’s got a motor.

hm.grwn.grizfan said:
The big sky conference refs are some of the worst I’ve seen. Every single week there are multiple bad calls.

In the BB world they try and tell us that the ref's are Pac-12, still doesn't work.

AZGrizFan said:
Griz til I die said:

Here’s my concern with that theory: Alford, Belknap and Babros are ALL already dinged up…taking a major space eater out of the lineup just puts that much more pressure on guys who are already walking wounded.

Nuce is impressive so far. I’m a fan and I think he will be a star.

fanofzoo said:
hm.grwn.grizfan said:
The big sky conference refs are some of the worst I’ve seen. Every single week there are multiple bad calls.

In the BB world they try and tell us that the ref's are Pac-12, still doesn't work.

And, supposedly, every week, the games are reviewed and each team is graded and then have a call about how they did. I would not want to be on those calls

putter said:
fanofzoo said:

And, supposedly, every week, the games are reviewed and each team is graded and then have a call about how they did. I would not want to be on those calls

Grade F again time to repeat intermediate referee school.

retiredpopo said:
putter said:

Grade F again time to repeat intermediate referee school.

You mean clown college?

mtgriz said:
AZGrizFan said:

Nuce is impressive so far. I’m a fan and I think he will be a star.

you might say.... he will be ... a "nuce-sance".... to other teams.... amiright?

Back